Miso Glazed Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Air fryer sweet potatoes will be your favorite side! Whether you’re throwing them on top of your salad, or serving them next to your salmon dinner, this mouthwatering sweet potato recipe does not disappoint!
These sweet potatoes only take 15 minutes to cook and leaves your oven open for your main course!
The edges are crisp, the center is buttery, and the glaze is making me drool just thinking about it!
Ingredients to make air fryer sweet potatoes
Sweet Potatoes. I used white sweet potatoes because they’re my favorite but you can use orange sweet potatoes if you like! I cut them into chunks but if you prefer fries/spears or rounds, that works too!
Avocado Oil. I love using avocado oil because it’s so mellow and really lets the miso stand out.
Miso. I use white miso.
Agave Nectar. You can also use honey or maple syrup if you prefer!
Salt. We’re going to sprinkle a bit before air-frying and the rest after.
Sesame Seeds. For garnish and they add a little texture to the outside of the sweet potato pieces.
Cilantro. I love cilantro. If you don’t you can sub in a chopped scallion if you prefer!
How to make sweet potatoes in the air fryer
Prep the potatoes. Cut the sweet potato and place in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and salt in the bowl with the sweet potato and toss.
Air Fry. Arrange in the air fryer basket or on the tray in a single layer. Air fry for 15 minutes, tossing or shaking the potatoes halfway through cooking.
Whisk the miso mixture. While the potatoes are air frying, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons avocado oil, miso paste, and agave in a large bowl.
Serve! After the potatoes are done frying, toss the potatoes in the bowl with the miso mixture. Toss until the potatoes are coated and transfer to a plate or bowl. Top with sesame seeds and cilantro leaves and enjoy!
What to serve these potatoes with:
What don’t these go with is the question! Try them with some Sweet Pecan Salmon + Roasted Vegetables or Juicy Whole Roasted Chicken! They’d be delicious with Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs or Vegan Zucchini Chickpea Burgers!
Personally, I think it would be fun to switch up your breakfast potatoes with these air fryer sweet potatoes and serve them alongside this Caramelized Onion Bacon Gruyere Quiche or these Oven-Baked Eggs in a Muffin Tin!
More air fryer recipes
- Sweet & Sticky Air Fryer Eggplant
- Crispy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Sweet & Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- Crunchy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Jerk Air Fryer Salmon + Mango Salsa
Air fryer sweet potatoes are crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. Glaze with sweet miso, these air fryer potatoes are so delicious!
- 1 white sweet potato, cut in pieces 1/2 inch thick
- 5 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- cilantro or chopped scallion for garnish
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Cut the sweet potato and place in a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and salt in the bowl with the sweet potato and toss.
- Arrange in the air fryer basket or on the tray in a single layer.
- Air fry for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking.
- While the potatoes are air frying, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons avocado oil, miso paste, and agave in a large bowl.
- After the potatoes are done frying, toss the potatoes in the bowl with the miso mixture.
- Toss until the potatoes are coated and transfer to a plate or bowl.
- Top with sesame seeds and cilantro leaves.
- Serving Size: 1/2 batch
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 9.2g
- Sodium: 1242mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: air fryer sweet potatoes