So it just occurred to me that my last three (including this one) posts were peanut/nut butter related. Sorry, not sorry. Buuuut if you are so not into nut butters, my sincerest apologies. Otherwise, no regrets. Sweet potato noodles with peanut sauce? Bomb. Creamy crunchy peanut butter bars? Bomb. These almond butter chia cookies? I have no words but I’m making hand motions and nodding my head YESSS. Really really good, you guys.
They’re so tasty!! And I feel healthy about them! You know, because the seeds and flourlessness and stuff. Plus chia seeds are really nutrient dense, great for your healt and digestive system, building stronger bones, healthy skin, signs of againg, yada yada yada, you get me.
There was a time in my life when I avoided chia seeds. But then they came back into my life by way of Salba Chia and I’ve never looked back. Feeling inspired to make ALL the chia things? Try this vanilla chia pudding, or these orange chia bars, this blueberry chia jam, or some chocolate chia pudding, these lemon chia seed muffins. I told you I really like chia. I’m kinda on a bender…
So, I made cookies. Yes, cookies. WITH CHIA. Guys, these are the healthiest feeling cookies you’ll ever eat. I pick them up just to smell them, as if one single whiff will improve my health tenfold. Plus, that chewy, moist center… see for yourself…
They feel healthier than your typical cookie. Make these cookies! They’re reminiscent of a peanut butter cookie, but more like peanut butter cookie’s yogi sister who drinks green smoothies with her avocado toast.
Ingredients for almond butter cookies:
- natural almond butter
- coconut sugar
- baking soda
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- mini chocolate chips
How to make these chia seed cookies:
Scoop the cookie dough out to a lined baking sheet. Use a fork or your thumb to press them down. Pop them in the oven for 10 minutes and allow them to sit on the baking pan for a couple minutes before you transfer them to a cooling rack!
More cookie recipes to try:
- Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
- Healthy Monster Cookies
- Gluten Free Hot Cocoa Christmas Cookies
- Homemade Samoas Cookies (gluten free)
- 1 cup natural almond butter (How to Make Super Creamy Almond Butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the almond butter, vanilla, and coconut sugar, and eggs in your food processor or using an electric mixer.
- Process until creamy and combined.
- Add the sea salt, baking soda, chia seeds, flax seeds, and mini chips.
- Process again until completely combined.
- Scoop the cookie dough out onto a lined baking sheet.
- Use a fork or your thumb to press them down.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a couple minutes on the baking pan before you transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 337
- Sugar: 14.3g
- Sodium: 141mg
- Fat: 25.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23.3g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 8.8g
- Cholesterol: 27mg