Chocolate bread is perfect for any time of day! I love it when I can categorize things both breakfast and dessert. Double chocolate, thick, moist, decadent dessert? Yep!
Still a hearty bread that you can get away with having alongside your morning coffee? Yep! I’m sitting here now, forking deliciously chocolate bites into my mouth and it is perfection you guys! Omg, you’ll love it 🙂
I’ve always loved traditional banana bread. Banana chocolate chip muffins are a staple for me. But you know me, any chance to add extra chocolate, I go for it. Like reeeally go for it, you know?
So I made this Double Chocolate Banana Bread and I know you’ll love it. Maybe too much, but that’s ok!! Beeecause it’s super nutty, sugar free, and deelicious 🙂
If you love baking check out my post of 50+ Gluten Free Dessert Recipes. You’ll find everything from homemade breads like this Seedy Cranberry Flaxseed Bread, this Oat Flour Banana Bread or this Sweet Potato Bread to indulgent breakfasts like Chocolate Overnight Oats and Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake.
Grab these Ingredients
- almond butter
- coconut sugar
- blanched almond flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- sea salt
- chocolate chunks
How to Make Chocolate Banana Bread:
In a medium bowl, combine Bob’s Red Mill blanched almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa. Mix it up until it’s combined.
In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
Then, whisk the eggs, almond butter, and coconut sugar to the mashed bananas.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until it’s combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips, saving some for the top (always).
Line a bread pan with parchment paper. This is probably my favorite trick ever because you can just lift the bread out of the pan and don’t have to deal with gingerly turning it upside down on a plate and banging on the bottom like five times before it breaks apart in five pieces. Just me?
It works best if you fold and tuck the parchment paper around the edges, really molding it to the pan.
Pour the batter into the lined bread pan, using a spatula to distribute it evenly.
I drizzled some extra almond butter on top (optional) and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
Bake for 40-45 minutes and allow to cool before slicing.
- 2 bananas + 1/2 for topping
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter (How to Make Super Creamy Almond Butter)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (How to Make Almond Flour)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (Cacao v. Cocoa Powder: What’s the Difference?)
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Then, whisk in the eggs, almond butter, and coconut sugar.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and whisk until it’s combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, saving some for the top (always).
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper, folding and tucking the parchment paper around the edges.
- Pour the batter into the lined bread pan.
- Drizzle some additional almond butter on top (optional) and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Slice another half of a banana and lay the slices on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes and allow to cool before slicing.
Serving (1 slice): Calories 155; Fat 8.6g (Sat 3.2g); Protein 4.4g; Carb 18.3g (net carb 15.6g); Fiber 2.7g; Sodium 116mg
- Serving Size: 8