Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’m always looking for new ways to use up my spotty bananas. I love those easy, one bowl recipes that come together way easier than you think.
These banana chocolate chip bars are the perfect bite when you want a little snack. They remind me of some type of a banana blondie or banana cookie bars.
Ingredients for banana chocolate chip bars:
- Bananas: the star of the show!
- Eggs: helps hold the banana bars together. Feel free to sub in your favorite egg substitute or flax egg if you prefer.
- Coconut sugar: adds some sweetness! If you prefer you can use regular granular sugar or brown sugar if you don’t have coconut sugar.
- Agave nectar: I like agave nectar but you can sub in honey or maple syrup here.
- Vanilla extract: just a splash
- Blanched almond flour: I love super fine blanched almond flour because it has a great texture I love. If you’re going to sub in a different flour, I’d go with a cashew flour or hazelnut flour. Oat flour could be a good option but I would reduce the amount you use down to about 3/4 cup.
- Baking powder: gives these bars a little fluff factor.
- Salt: to bring out the flavor
- Cinnamon: this is optional but adds a little coziness to the banana abrs
- Chocolate chips: because chocolate is always a good idea! You can sub or add more mix-ins like dried fruit, chopped nuts, whatever you like!
How to make these your own:
Listen, I’m always going to add chocolate chips whenever I have the chance, but you can sub in dried fruit, chopped nuts, peanut butter chips, candy, crushed pretzels, whatever your heart desires!
If you can fold it in and it feels like it goes, why not?!
How to make banana chocolate chip bars:
Mash the naners. Mash the bananas in a large bowl. You want those spotty, brown bananas. The more brown (browner?) they are, the sweeter they’ll be so, don’t get freaked out when you find over-ripe bananas in your fruit basket!
Add in the wet ingredients. Whisk in the eggs, coconut sugar, agave, and vanilla. Pretty prettaaay straighforward.
Then the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to combined.
Fold. Fold in most of the chocolate chips, reserving some to spread on top.
Bake. Line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper and transfer the batter to the pan. Spread it evenly across the bottom and top the batter with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden on the top.
Cool and cut. Allow the bars to cool in the pan. Slide a knife around the edges and pull the bars up from the pan with the parchment paper. Cut in 16 squares and enjoy!
More banana recipes:
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Easy Banana Overnight Oats
- Gingerbread Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Banana Cake
- Tahini Banana Bread Skillet
- Nut Free Banana Muffins
- Coconut Almond Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Banana chocolate chip bars are a delicious way to use up some spotty bananas! They are the perfect easy snack or treat during the day!
- 2 bananas (1 cup mashed)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs, coconut sugar, agave, and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Whisk to combined.
- Fold in most of the chocolate chips, reserving some to spread on top.
- Line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper and transfer the batter to the pan.
- Spread it evenly across the bottom and top the batter with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden on the top.
- Allow the bars to cool in the pan. Slide a knife around the edges and pull the bars up from the pan with the parchment paper.
- Cut in 16 squares and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 91mg
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: banana chocolate chip bars, banana blondies,