I always love a good no bake treat. A deliciously nutty and chocolatey treat that I don’t even have to turn on my oven for? Yes please!
These almond butter bars are so crazy easy to make! They’re perfect for a quick bite to tide you over between meals.
Plus I love when snacks are a hit with the whole family. This is one of those recipes that is such a crowd pleaser!
My son was licking the spatula – if you don’t have patience to wait for the bars to set, feel free to just spoon the dough, I get it.
Ingredients to make almond butter bars:
Almond Butter. The base of this recipe is almond butter, but if you don’t have almond butter or can’t do almonds, any other nut or seed butter will work! Personally, I think peanut butter sounds kinda amazing 🙂
Agave Nectar. You can also use honey or maple syrup if you prefer!
Refined Coconut Oil. I like using refined coconut oil because it doesn’t really have a coconutty taste.
Blanched Almond Flour. The almond flour is going to give these bars some structure and heartiness.
Chocolate. You can skip the chocolate step if you want, but it adds the perfect decadent top layer to finish these bars off!
How to make almond butter bars:
Mix. You’re going to mix all the almond butter ingredients in a bowl until they’re combined.
Transfer. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and transfer the almond butter mixture into the pan. Spread out in an even layer.
Melt. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Check out my tutorial How to Melt Chocolate Chips!
Mix again. Now we’re going to mix together the chocolate layer ingredients. Once it’s smooth, pour on top of the almond butter layer.
Cut and Enjoy! Pull up the parchment paper to remove the bars from the pan. Place on a cutting board and cut in bars or squares. Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
More no bake recipes:
- Cookie Dough Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Tahini Cookie Dough Truffles
- Seedy Breakfast Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Creamy Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars
Almond Butter Layer:
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- flakey salt for finishing
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond butter layer ingredients: 1 cup almond butter, almond flour, agave nectar, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, and salt.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and spread the almond butter layer out in an even layer.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Whisk in the chocolate layer ingredients to the melted chocolate: 2 tablespoons almond butter and 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Pour the chocolate on top of the almond butter layer and chill in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Slide a knife around the edges of the pan and pull the parchment paper up to remove the bars from the pan.
- Cut into 12 bars.
- Sprinkle with flakey salt and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 30.7g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20.5g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 2mg