One of my favorite things to eat is cookie dough. Like, raw, not recommended for eating cookie dough. Maybe that’s why I like under-baking cookies so much…
Ingredients & Substitutions:
Cashew Butter. I love how mellow cashew butter is and it serves as the base of this recipe. If you’re in a pinch, you can use peanut butter, tahini, or almond butter but keep in mind the cookie dough bites will take on that nut/seed butter flavor. If you need a substitution and can eat dairy, try some unsalted room temperature butter!
Agave Nectar. You can sub in another sticky sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
Vanilla Extract. Give it some extra cookie dough flavor!
Almond Flour. Will give the cookie dough balls some structure. I love blanched almond flour because it’s super-fine and has a lighter color. I wouldn’t sub in another
Salt. Brings out that cookie dough sweetness.
Chocolate Chips. Because it is chocolate chip cookie dough, after all! You could also cut up a chocolate bar if you don’t have chips.
How to Make Cookie Dough Bites:
Mix. First we’re mixing the wet ingredients, then dry ingredients and folding in the chocolate chips.
Chill. This is important if you want to roll these into balls. Listen, I won’t blame you if you go straight into the bowl with a spoon, but if you chill the dough for 30+ minutes you’ll be able to easily roll them into balls or cookie dough bites.
Roll. I used a cookie scooper to scoop out balls and roll them between my hands to make them smooth. This is easiest and they hold their shape best if you have some patience (I struggle lol) and let them chill first.
Enjoy! Whether you eat 1 or 10, enjoy enjoy enjoy!
How to Store These Bites:
In the fridge!! My friends, these are best store in the fridge. At room temperature they get soft (which is kinda lovely). But, for long-term storage keep the chilled in the fridge.
More Cookie Dough Recipes to Try:
- No Bake Tahini Cookie Dough Truffles
- Three Edible Cookie Dough Recipes
- Cookie Dough Nice Cream
- No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars
- Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, agave, and vanilla.
- Once smooth, add the almond flour and salt. Whisk again until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes. The longer this dough chills, the easier it is to roll into balls, so if you have 2 hours to let the dough chill, let it chill out in the fridge for a bit.
- After it chills, use a cookie scooper to scoop out balls and roll them in between your hands to smooth them.
- Place on a plate or piece of parchment paper.
- Store in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 32mg
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg