No Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I made these this past weekend on a whim because I had an extra box of honey nut cheerios that I needed to use up and these peanut butter cheerio bars have officially become my new favorite snack!
My kids and I were obsessing over these cheerio bars all weekend.
We packed some for the beach and I have to say, I’ve never more looked forward to a packed snack than I did with those cheerio bars.
Ingredients for peanut butter cheerio bars:
Cheerios. Any kid will work! Off brand cheerios, plain cheerios, honey nut cheerios, peanut butter cheerios, chocolate cheerios, they’ll turn out delicious guaranteed.
Peanut Butter. I love using natural peanut butter, but you can use any kid of peanut butter. If you want, you can also play around with using almond butter, sunflower seed butter, even tahini would be a fun option!
Agave Nectar. I love using agave nectar to sweeten up my desserts, but you can sub in honey or maple syrup if you prefer.
Flakey Salt. This is optional but HIGHLY recommended. Actually, not optional. The flakey finishing salt at the end add the most amazing salty-sweet finish. Please don’t skip this step!
How to make cheerio bars:
You won’t believe how easy this is! Once you see how quickly it comes together and how DELICIOUS these are, you’ll be making them on repeat, guaranteed.
Place the peanut butter and agave in a large bowl and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds. You could also put the ingredients in a pot over medium heat and whisk until warm and smooth.
Then, add the cheerios to the bowl (or pot) and fold together until the cheerios are completely coated with the peanut butter mixture.
Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper. Trust me, parchment paper is amazing later when you want to pull up the bars from the pan.
Use a rubber spatula to press the cheerios into a single, even layer in the bottom of the pan.
Chill in the freezer at at least 1 hour.
Pull the bars out of the pan by pulling up the edges of the parchment paper. Place them on a cutting board and cut into 12 bars. Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
More ways to jazz up this recipe:
- Fold in some marshmallows: omg can you image the gooey goodness?
- Use a different flavor cheerio: chocolate, peanut butter, or fruity cheerios could be fun!
- Use a different nut butter: almond butter, sunbutter, tahini are some ideas!
- Try a different cereal: rice krispies or cocoa puffs sound kinda amazing!
How to store these peanut butter cereal bars:
In. The. Fridge. These are best served chilled and may get too soft at room temp. So, make sure you keep them in an airtight container in the fridge!
More snacks and bars to try:
- Chewy Gluten Free & Vegan Granola Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Healthier Magic Bars
- Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Creamy Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars are so easy to make and only three ingredients!! These cheerio bars will be your new favorite snack!
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- 3 cups honey nut cheerios (plain cheerios are also delish!)
- flakey salt for sprinkling
- Place the peanut butter and agave in a large bowl and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds. You could also put the ingredients in a pot over medium heat and whisk until warm and smooth.
- Once the peanut butter mixture is combined, add the cheerios to the bowl (or pot) and fold until the cheerios are completely coated with the peanut butter mixture.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper. Trust me, parchment paper is amazing later when you want to pull up the bars from the pan.
- Use a rubber spatula to press the cheerios into a single, even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Chill in the freezer at at least 1 hour.
- Pull the bars out of the pan by pulling up the edges of the parchment paper.
- Place them on a cutting board and cut into 12 bars.
- Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge. Place parchment paper between layers if needed.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6.2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cheerio bars, peanut butter cheerio bars, peanut butter cereal bars, cheerio treats, cheerio squares, peanut butter cereal bars recipe, peanut butter cheerio treats, cheerio bars recipe