Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Bars (gluten free + dairy free)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are about to rock your world. You will be making these on repeat. You won’t be able to think of anything else. These cookie bars will be your new family fave. I know it for fact.
I made a batch earlier this afternoon and here I am tonight… with no bars left.
These bars are soft-baked. They are peanut buttery, gooey in the center, but don’t fall apart in your hands. They’re perfectly chewy and um.. have chocolate chips and oats and all the happy ingredients you could ever want.
Ingredients for oatmeal peanut butter bars and substitutions:
- coconut sugar: I love the caramel delicious flavor coconut sugar gives these cookie bars. I also love coconut sugar is low glycemic. But, if you don’t have coconut sugar, you can sub in another granular sugar like white or brown sugar.
- natural peanut butter: I’m sharing some of my favorite natural peanut butter brands below. I used about 1 cup of creamy natural peanut butter and 1/2 cup chunky natural peanut butter. It’s fun to play around with creamy/chunky depending how much texture you want in your bars.
- eggs: just 2. I haven’t tested it with flax eggs or any egg substitutes, so if you do any experimenting with egg alternatives, let me know how it goes!
- vanilla extract: for that warm cookie feeling
- baking soda: to give the oatmeal cookie bars some fluff
- salt: to bring out all the delicious flavs
- old fashioned oats: for that chunky oatmeal love
- chocolate chips: because chocolate is always a good idea. I used vegan, dairy free chocolate chips, but feel free to use whatever chips or chunks you love!
Natural peanut butter brands I love:
How to make peanut butter oat cookie bars:
It’s so simple! Whisk together the coconut sugar, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla. Add in the baking soda and salt. Whisk again until combined.
Add the oats and chocolate chips to the bowl, reserving some chocolate chips to sprinkle on the top. Use a rubber spatula to fold the oats and chips into the batter.
Line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with parchment paper and press the batter into the pan with the spatula in an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on the top.
Bake for 15 minutes. Allow the bars to sit in the pan to cool for 5 – 10 minutes. Slide a knife around any edges of the bars touching the pan and pull up the parchment paper to place the bars on a cutting board Cut into 9 squares and enjoy!
These are so good warm, room temp, or even chilled!
#1 tip for these oatmeal bars:
DO. NOT. OVERBAKE. 15 minutes is perfect for thick, gooey, soft baked cookie bars.
More bars and cookies you’ll love:
- Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies (gluten free)
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Healthier Magic Bars (Vegan + Gluten Free)
Gluten Free Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are soft baked & thick bars loaded with peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add in the baking soda and salt. Whisk again until combined.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips to the bowl, reserving some chocolate chips to sprinkle on the top.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the oats and chips into the batter.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with parchment paper and press the batter into the pan with the spatula in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the bars to sit in the pan to cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Slide a knife around any edges of the bars touching the pan and pull up the parchment paper to place the bars on a cutting board.
- Cut into 9 squares and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 24.7g
- Sodium: 159mg
- Fat: 22.7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
Keywords: cookie bars, peanut butter cookie bars, oatmeal peanut butter bars, oatmeal peanut butter blondies, peanut butter chocolate chip bars, oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip bars,