Chocolate Quinoa Crisps
Summer is peak time for no-bake treats. It’s hot. It’s sweaty. People are avoiding their ovens and their kitchens like the plague. I get it.
But I want cookies. What’s a girl to do when she just wants some damn cookies? Dun dun da daaa I made no bake cookies. By now you guys know alll about my no bake treat obsession. Bars to balls to cups to freezer fudge. GIRL, the list goes onnnn.
So if you’re like me and need a chocolatey treat… like all every day… then I have the recipe for you! GUYS. Chocolate Quinoa Crisps. Learn it. Live it. Love it. These will be a fast favorite among kids and adults alike.
If you like chocolate crunch bars. If you like rice krispie treats. If you like easy desserts that basically make themselves, you will LOVE these Chocolate Quinoa Crisps!
FIVE ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are: 1) Puffed quinoa. The one I was buying from amazon has stopped selling it. So I now buy it HERE and have been really happy with it. 2) Agave nectar. This keeps it low glycemic, but if you don’t care too much about glycemic index, you can swap in honey or maple syrup. 3) Vanilla extract. Nothing really else to say about it. 4) Refined coconut oil. I like refined because it doesn’t have as much as a coconutty flavor, but any coconut oil works! 5) Cocoa powder or cacao powder, whichever you prefer.
In your bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, agave nectar, vanilla, and cocoa powder until smooth. Fold in the puffed quinoa.
Use a cookie scooper to scoop about 8 mounds on a lined baking sheet. Use your fingers to gently press the tops to flatten them out. Pop in the fridge or freezer for 1 hour until harden. Transfer to a bag or container and store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat!
Aaand that’s it! It makes about 12 cookies!!
If you like chocolate crunch bars, these healthy Chocolate Quinoa Crisps will be your new best friend! They’re vegan, no bake, and SO FUN to eat!
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- In your bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, agave nectar, cocoa powder, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in the puffed quinoa.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop about 8 mounds on a lined baking sheet.
- If the mixture is chilly, it will harden, so microwave it for about 10 seconds to loosen it up if needed.
- Use your fingers to gently press the tops to flatten them out.
- Pop in the fridge or freezer for 1 hour until harden.
- Transfer to a bag or container and store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat!