Microwave Banana Mug Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Banana mug cake is going to be your new favorite dessert to make when you have an extra spotty banana. It’s only six ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to prep and bake in the microwave.
Do you ever make something and you think, “well this is dangerously easy to make.” You mix it all up, you pop it in the microwave. From beginning to end the whole shebang takes less than 5 minutes.
If you like banana bread and fluffy cake, this easy mug cake is for you!
Ingredients and substitutions for this Mug Cake
Banana. We just need half a banana for this recipe. The riper the banana, the better! Once you mash it, it’ll end up being about 2 tablespoons of mashed banana.
Egg. Just one! I haven’t tested this recipe with an egg replacer so if you do any experimenting with an egg-free option, let me know how it goes!
Coconut Sugar. I’ve tried this with a sticky sweetener (agave nectar) and have found granular sweetener works best. My favorite is coconut sugar, but another granular sweetener should probably work.
Almond Flour. I always go with blanched almond flour and haven’t tested it with other flours so let me know in the comments if you do any experimenting!
Baking Powder. For some fluff!
Chocolate Chips. You can really customize whatever you want to fold into this mug cake. Walnuts or peanut butter chips would be delish!
How to make banana mug cake
It’s so simple and you make it all in your mug! Mash the banana in your mug. Use a small whisk to whisk in the egg and coconut sugar.
Then, add the almond flour and baking powder. Whisk again until combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips, sprinkle some more on top and then microwave. I microwaved mine for 1 minute and 30 seconds. This made for a light and fluffy yet moist and tender mug cake.
More mug cake recipes
- Microwave Pumpkin Mug Cake
- 1-Min Quickie Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
- Microwave Funfetti Mug Cake
- One Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Banana mug cake is only 6 ingredients and bakes in under 2 minutes! The result? Fluffy and moist microwave chocolate chip banana mug cake!
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Mash the banana in a mug.
- Add the egg and coconut sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder. Mix again until combined.
- Fold in most of the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle a couple of the chocolate chips on top.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Cool for a minute or two an enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 mug cake
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 27.4g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: banana mug cake, banana mug cake recipe, microwave banana cake,