Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake (gluten free)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sometimes you want a cookie but don’t want to bake batches upon batches. I get it.
Sometimes you want a cookie for one. Or two. Or a double serving that you can put all into one mug and eat by yourself curled up on your couch being cozy and stuff. I get that.
This recipe can be divided into two mugs. Me? I pour it all into one mug and eat it but TECHNICALLY, yes, this serves two.
What you’ll need to make a mug cookie:
- butter: ghee or refined coconut oil work too!
- coconut sugar: I haven’t tested it with a sticky sweetener, but another granular sweeter like white or brown sugar would probably work!
- vanilla extract
- almond flour: I love blanched almond flour because it’s super fine and smooth compared to a heartier almond meal. It also has a really beautiful light color that is great for pastries and desserts!
- baking soda
- chocolate chips: I love dairy free chocolate chips, but use whatever kind you like!
- vanilla ice cream is optional but always a delicious finisher 🙂
How to make a chocolate chip cookie in a mug?
Note: If you’re making one big mug cake, mix this all in your mug. If you’re making two servings, mix it in a separate bowl and then divide between the two mugs.
Melt the butter in the mug. Add the coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla. stir until combined.
Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir again until combined.
Finally, stir in the chocolate chips, saving a few to sprinkle on top.
If you’re dividing it between two mugs, do so now. If not, keep it all in one mug.
Sprinkle the remaining chips on top and microwave! I like my microwave cookie right at 40 seconds because it’s still a bit gooey in the center. But, if you like it more baked through, I’d go for a full minute.
Eat as is, or top with your favorite vanilla ice cream!
Other easy dessert recipes you’ll love:
- microwave funfetti mug cake
- no bake tahini cookie dough truffles
- no bake peanut butter bars
- no bake almond butter blondies
Want a quick, easy, and delicious dessert that bakes in under 1 minute? You’ll love this gluten free chocolate chip cookie mug cake!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Note: If you’re making one big mug cake, mix this all in your mug. If you’re making two servings, mix it in a separate bowl and then divide between the two mugs.
- Place the butter in a medium bowl and melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut sugar, egg and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Fold in most of the chocolate chips, saving a few to sprinkle on the top of each mug.
- Divide the batter into two mugs. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Microwave separately, each for 40 seconds.
- Enjoy as is or top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1 mug
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 23.7g
- Sodium: 615mg
- Fat: 27.6g
- Saturated Fat: 14.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 26.8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 130mg