This mint chocolate smoothie is about to be your favorite chocolatey treat. It tastes like a mint chocolate chip milkshake only it’s loaded with wholesome ingredients like frozen banana and oat milk.
Smoothies are easy enough. I love just throwing everything in a blender, distracting myself for a few minutes and then DONE. Smoothie time.
Want to Love Mint Even More?
Here are some stats. If you want an ingredient that’s calming and soothing, mint is the herb for you! You can use it to aid an upset stomach or indigestion as it’ll help reset any tummy troubles.
Is Cacao Nutritious?
You can use cocoa powder or cacao powder in this smoothie. Plus we’re adding some cacao nibs to the top which makes for a fun chocolatey crunch.
Cacao has 40 times the amount of antioxidants than blueberries and is a really awesome plant-based source of iron and magnesium. It’s loaded with calcium and is said to be a natural mood elevator. In my own anecdotal experience, one sip of this minty cacao smoothie and I am happy as a clam.
Mint Chocolate Smoothie Ingredients
- frozen banana
- cocoa powder
- agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk, oat milk, or your favorite dairy free milk
- mint extract + handful fresh mint
- cacao nibs
How to Make Mint Chocolate Smoothie:
Add your frozen banana, cocoa powder, sweetener, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, mint extract and fresh mint to your food processor or blender. Process until silky smooth and then pour into a glass. Garnish with fresh mint and cacao nibs.
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (Cacao v. Cocoa Powder: What’s the Difference?)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or oat milk
- couple drops of mint extract
- fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- Add your frozen banana, cocoa powder, agave, milk, and mint extract to your food processor or blender. I also like to add some fresh mint leaves to the mix as well.
- Process until silky smooth and then pour into a glass.
- Garnish with fresh mint and cacao nibs.