Chocolate Oat Milk
When I was in my college days and early 20’s, my favorite thing to cure a hangover was chocolate milk. I know, I know, it’s a weird choice.
I mean yes, I’d also hit up the diner and have bacon and eggs and hash browns and all the greasy breakfasty food I could get my hands on. But, I’d also order myself a tall glass of chocolate milk. It makes no sense.
Yet, it was comforting. And, exactly what I needed.
And, after I saw a mini documentary piece on how there’s a shortage of oat milk, I thought, “well this is silly! Let’s make our own!” It’s relatively easy because you don’t have to soak anything or plan ahead. You literally just throw it all in your blender and go go go.
So, I’m giving you all a modern twist and merging my favorite hangover cure with a healthy dairy free alternative. lol… that may have been the most unexpected sentence I’ve ever written. Whether you just want to switch up your almond milk habit or just want to see what all the hype is about, you’ll love this recipe!
So, let’s make some Chocolate Oat Milk! It’s crazy simple!
Place the water, oats, cocoa powder, coconut nectar, vanilla, and sea salt in a high powered blender. Blend on high for 1 – 2 minutes until completely blended and combined.
Pour the contents of the blender through a nut milk bag, clean thin dish towel, or cheese cloth. Squeeze the liquid through the nut milk bag into a large bowl.
Pour the strained liquid into a mason jar or container with a lid and chill for 2+ hours. After chilled, pour into glasses and enjoy!
Save time and money and learn how to make your own Chocolate Oat Milk! It’s a simple dairy free recipe that you can totally customize!
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar (honey, maple syrup, agave nectar or 4–5 dates also work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the water, oats, cocoa powder, coconut nectar, vanilla, and sea salt in a high powered blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds until completely blended and combined. See note below!
- Pour the contents of the blender through a nut milk bag, clean thin dish towel, or cheese cloth.
- Squeeze the liquid through the nut milk bag into a large bowl.
- Pour the strained liquid into a mason jar or container with a lid and chill for 2+ hours.
- After chilled, pour into glasses and enjoy!
- If you blend for more than 30 seconds, people have noted the texture of the oat milk can get a bit “slimy.”
Keywords: oat milk, oat milk recipe, oat milk recipe vitamix, oat milk recipe vegan, oat milk recipe dates, chocolate oat milk, chocolate oat milk recipe, how to make oat milk, how to make oat milk vitamix, how o make oat chocolate oat milk, homemade oat milk vitamix, homemade chocolate oat milk, how to make chocolate oat milk, easy oat milk, easy vegan oat milk, healthy easy oat milk, super easy oat milk