GUYS! Chocolate. Peanut butter. Breakfast. Three words that I’m throwing together and couldn’t be happier about it. This is like thick, decadent, ice cream, magic in a glass. Have it for breakfast, have it for dessert, freeze it in some popsicle molds, you got yourself a partayyy.
I’ve tried a bunch of protein powders, but so far my fave is this Manitoba Harvest Protein Smoothie Powder. I used the chocolate one in this recipe because I’m all about that chocolate peanut butter life, but it comes in three flavors. You can just blend it in water or dress it up with some smoothie action like I did. I love that the powder also includes spinach, kale, and broccoli to give it an extra nutritional boost.
You know I love Manitoba Harvest and use hemp hearts any and ALLL ways I can think of 🙂 I even topped the smoothie with their Hemp Heart Toppers because I just couldn’t resist.
Anyway, if there’s a morning where you just want an easy and delicious, filling and nutritious breakfast, give this a blend and enjoy! Let’s make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie!!
Place the frozen banana, peanut butter, protein powder, cocoa powder, milk, and agave nectar in a blender. Add more milk if you like a more liquid, drink-through-a-straw-smoothie.
Blend everything together until completely combined and smooth. Transfer to a cup and top with your favorite things! I sprinkled with cacao nibs, nuts, chopped chocolate, and maple cinnamon hemp heart toppers!
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons Manitoba Harvest Chocolate Protein Smoothie Powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (add more milk is you want it more liquid-y)
- Place the frozen banana, peanut butter, protein powder, cocoa powder, milk, and agave nectar in a blender.
- Blend everything together until completely combined and smooth and combined.
- Transfer to a cup and top with your favorite things (or nothing)!
- I topped my smoothie with cacao nibs, nuts, chopped dark chocolate, and maple cinnamon hemp heart toppers!
Serving: Calories 284; Fat 11.9g (Sat 2.2g); Protein 14.8g; Carb 35.8g (net carb 21.4g); Fiber 14.4g; Sodium 98mg
Let me know how you like it!! xo
Thank you so much to Manitoba Harvest for sponsoring this post! I love working with my favorite brands and couldn’t be more excited they support The Toasted Pine Nut!! xo