Lately we’ve had a popcorn obsession in our hours. I make the kids eat it outside because we get pretttaay messy with it. I’m a kettle corn girl. Give me alll the kettle corn and I am good to go. I start out with one little dainty kernel…
And then my hand starts stepping up the pace. Then handfuls get bigger and bigger until I basically cannot hold a conversation or do anything until alllll the popcorn is gone. I can only think about my next fix, er, I mean bite.
I wanted to do something fun and unexpected with Popcorn, I wanted to up the ante a bit. So here you have it folks, my deliciously yummy and decadent Chocolate Cookie Popcorn Bars because you know you want it:
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 9oz bars 60% or more dark chocolate, melted
- 1 – 1.5 cups kettle corn popcorn
- few pinches of sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut shreds, agave nectar, and coconut oil.
- Use a whisk or rubber spatula to mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bottom and sides of a bread pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper. This helps you pull the bars out easily when they are done setting.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan, and use a spatula to firmly press it down into the bottom of the lined pan, creating a flat, even layer.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the pan, adding the second, chocolate layer. Use a rubber spatula to smooth it across the top evenly.
- Sprinkle the popcorn on top of the melted chocolate, pressing them down gently with the palm of your hands into the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle a few pinches of sea salt on top of the popcorn and chocolate.
- Place the pan in the fridge or freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the bars from the pan by pulling up the plastic wrap. Cut into bars and enjoy!
- yields 6 – 8.
Save this for later! Pin the image below to your favorite dessert board!