Microwave Funfetti Mug Cake (gluten free)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Fluffy cakey dessert baked in 1 minute? YES, ME. HERE! I’m here for it.
Who says funfetti cake can only happen on birthdays? In my opinion, sprinkles just bring the smiles and lately, we could all use more smiles.
This microwave mug cake has a delicious vanilla base and fun colorful sprinkles mixed in.
Aside from the happy bursts of color, it’s so fluffy and moist and has the best cakey texture I know you’re going to love.
I’m not one to brag but my son took one bite and enthusiastically told me, “Five stars… I give this five stars.” Oh, thanks kid, let me sear that compliment into my brain to fuel me through all those dinners you hate.
Ingredients for Microwave Funfetti Mug Cake:
- butter (ghee or refined coconut oil are also good options)
- agave nectar (honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar or another sticky sweetener would be great!)
- an egg
- vanilla extract
- blanched almond flour – blanched is super fine and gives it a really beautiful cakey color
- coconut flour – only a couple tablepoons!
- baking powder
- sprinkles! have fun and customize the colors to whatever the nearest holiday is 🤗
Personally I ate my mug cake exactly as it is, but add a dollop of whip cream, ice cream, icing, you really can’y go wrong!
So let’s jump into the recipe and make this gluten free microwave funfetti mug cake made with almond flour! This recipe is way too easy to whip together.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, agave, egg, and vanilla until combined. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Whisk until combined.
Fold the sprinkles to batter. Divide the batter between two mugs. Microwave each mug for 1 minute and enjoy!
This easy, gluten free microwave funfetti vanilla mug cake bakes in a ONE MINUTE! It has a moist and fluffy vanilla base with fun bursts of sprinkles!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, agave, egg, and vanilla until combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Fold the sprinkles to batter.
- Divide the batter between two mugs.
- Microwave each mug for 1 minute and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase something I linked to, I’ll receive a small portion of the sale. I only link to items I use and love. Thank you so much for your support!!