Funfetti mug cake gives you a fluffy, cakey dessert baked in 1 minute. I’m here for it.
Who says funfetti cake can only happen on birthdays? In my opinion, sprinkles just bring the smiles and lately, we could all use more smiles.
This microwave mug cake has a delicious vanilla base and fun colorful sprinkles mixed in.
Aside from the happy bursts of color, it’s so fluffy and moist and has the best cakey texture I know you’re going to love.
I’m not one to brag but my son took one bite and enthusiastically told me, “Five stars… I give this five stars.” Oh, thanks kid, let me sear that compliment into my brain to fuel me through all those dinners you hate.
If you love mug cakes, I have tons! Try this 3-Min Moist & Fluffy Microwave Banana Mug Cake and this 1-Min Quickie Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Perfect to Celebrate! Funfetti mug cakes are perfect for celebratory occasions like birthdays, holidays, or just a special treat. The colorful sprinkles add a festive touch and bring a fun and cheerful atmosphere to any celebration.
- Convenience: Just like any other microwave mug cake, funfetti mug cakes are quick and easy to make, requiring just a few minutes and a microwave.
- Indulgence: Funfetti mug cakes are a sweet and indulgent treat that is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. The combination of cake and sprinkles creates a fun and playful dessert that is hard to resist.
Ingredients for this Funfetti Mug Cake:
Butter: Butter adds richness and flavor to the mug cake, making it moist and tender. It also helps to create a tender crumb and contributes to the overall flavor. If you don’t have butter or want a dairy free alternative, go for refined coconut oil or vegan butter.
Agave Nectar: Agave nectar is a natural sweetener that is derived from the agave plant. It is a low glycemic alternative to sugar and adds natural sweetness to the mug cake. Feel free to sub in honey or maple syrup if you prefer!
Egg: The egg provides structure and stability to the mug cake, helping it to rise and hold its shape. It also contributes to the flavor and moisture content of the cake.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract adds a warm, sweet, and subtle flavor to the mug cake, enhancing the overall taste and aroma.
Blanched Almond Flour: Blanched almond flour is a gluten-free flour that is made from ground almonds. It is a great alternative to wheat flour and adds a nutty flavor and moist texture to the mug cake.
Oat Flour: Oat flour is a gluten-free flour made from oats that have been ground. It helps to absorb moisture and provides structure to the mug cake, making it more stable.
Baking Powder: Baking powder is a leavening agent that helps the mug cake to rise and become fluffy. It also contributes to the overall texture of the cake.
Salt: Salt enhances the flavor of the mug cake and balances the sweetness. It also helps to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients.
Sprinkles: Sprinkles add a fun and festive touch to the mug cake, making it perfect for special occasions or just a sweet treat. They also contribute to the texture and add a pop of color to the cake.
What to Serve on Top:
Personally I ate my mug cake exactly as it is without any toppers, but here are some ideas if you want to add something on top:
Whipped Cream: A dollop of whipped cream adds a light and creamy texture to the mug cake, and the sweetness pairs deliciously with the sprinkles.
Ice Cream: A scoop of vanilla takes the funfetti mug cake to the next level, creating a rich and creamy dessert.
Frosting: A swirl of frosting, either store-bought or homemade, adds a sweet and rich layer to the mug cake, and you can even get creative and use different flavors.
How to Make this Funfetti Mug Cake
In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, agave, egg, and vanilla until combined. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Whisk until combined.
Fold the sprinkles to batter. Divide the batter between two mugs. Microwave each mug for 1 minute and enjoy!
How to Store Leftovers
I’m not going to lie, this is best eaten right away! But, if you have leftovers, here’s how I’d do it. Cover your mug with plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds until heated through.
Can I Make this in the oven?
Sure thing! Place the batter into ramekins or overproof dishes. Place them on a baking sheet to keep them even and bake at 350F for about 15+ minutes until the edges puff up and the centers are set!
How do I make this a vanilla mug cake?
Easy peasy! Just leave out the sprinkles and you’ll have a delicious vanilla microwave mug cake that cake be topped with and enjoyed however you want!
1-Min Quickie Microwave Funfetti Mug Cake
This easy 1-min microwave funfetti mug cake has a moist and fluffy vanilla base with fun bursts of sprinkles! The perfect sweet treat anytime!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, add the butter, agave, egg, and vanilla.
- Whisk the wet ingredients until combined.
- Add the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt and sprinkles to the bowl.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Divide the batter between two mugs and add a pinch of extra sprinkles to the tops of each.
- Microwave each mug for 1 minute. Some microwaves may take more time so if the mug cake looks a bit wet around the edges, put it back in for another 30 seconds.
- Top with whatever you want! I added some whipped cream and more sprinkles (always!).
- Serving Size: 1 mug
- Calories: 515
- Sugar: 41.5g
- Sodium: 783mg
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 15.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 143mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe