Microwave Pumpkin Mug Cake (gluten free)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
It took me a while to get this recipe just right. Some versions were soo wet. Some versions were too dry. But finally I perfected it. Finally I made a pumpkin mug cake that was fluffy and moist, pillowy and pumpkiny.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Mug Cake:
- pumpkin purée: because it’s pumpkin cake!!
- salted butter: if you use unsalted butter, add about 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the batter
- agave nectar: honey or maple syrup also works here
- egg: just one! I haven’t tested it with a flax egg, so if you do any experimenting, let me know how it goes!
- vanilla extract: for that baked cake flavor
- blanched almond flour: I love super-fine almond flour because it adds a smooth texture and keeps a lighter color to the cake.
- pumpkin pie spice: because even though we’re using pumpkin purée, we still need those warm, autumn spices
- baking powder: to give it some fluffiness
- whipped cream and/or ice cream for topping: because #yolo
How to make pumpkin mug cake:
Place the butter in a medium bowl and melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Add the pumpkin purée, agave nectar, egg, and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk to combine.
Add the almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder to the bowl. Whisk until combined.
Divide the batter between two mugs. You could put it all in one bigger mug, I’ll leave this decision to you 🙂
One at a time, place a mug into the microwave and cook for 1 minute.
Top with whipped cream or ice cream (or both) and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and enjoy!
Mug Cake Recipe Variations:
I used pumpkin pie spice, but if you don’t have it, feel free to sub in cinnamon or a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
Add in some chocolate chips into the mix for a delicious chocolate chip pumpkin cake!
The directions for the recipe have you mix it in a separate bowl so you can divide it into two separate mugs (to serve 2). If you’re just making one big mug cake, feel free to skip the separate bowl and just mix up the batter in the mug itself.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins (gluten free)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Squares
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Roll
- Easy Pumpkin Alfredo
- Pumpkin Seed Flour Sourdough Focaccia
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Gnocchi
When you want a quick and easy pumpkin dessert with minimal cleanup, this gluten free microwave pumpkin mug cake is the perfect treat!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- whipped cream and/or ice cream for topping
- Place the butter in a medium bowl and melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the pumpkin purée, agave nectar, egg, and vanilla to the bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder to the bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Divide the batter between two mugs. You could put it all in one bigger mug and cook it for a little bit longer, but for smaller portions, divide between two mugs.
- One at a time, place a mug into the microwave and cook for 1 minute.
- Top each mug with whipped cream or ice cream (or both) and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 mug
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 17.5g
- Sodium: 119mg
- Fat: 16.2g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22.2g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
Keywords: pumpkin mug cake, gluten free pumpkin mug cake, microwave pumpkin mug cake, gluten free microwave pumpkin mug cake