Gluten Free Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I blinked, we’re mid-September, I’m ordering cans upon cans (upon cans) of pumpkin. And making batches upon batches of (gluten free) pumpkin whoopie pies.
We are full throttle pumpkin, you guys, and I don’t know what happened.
While lots of whoopie pies can have a cake-like consistency, these are super moist, soft-baked, and kinda all-around perfect. They’re like taking happy bites of fall and you’re going to love every last crumb.
You can use a normal ice cream scooper to scoop our 12 large cookies, but it may be fun to use a small cookie scooper to make some mini whoopie pies.
Pumpkin Whoopie Pie Recipe Ingredients:
- canned pumpkin
- coconut sugar
- agave nectar
- vanilla extract
- blanched almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- cream cheese
How to make gluten free pumpkin whoopie pies:
Whisk together the wet ingredients and sugar. I like to melt my butter beforehand so that it’s easily incorporated into the rest of the ingredients.
Once combined, add the dry ingredients to your bowl and whisk until incorporated.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use an ice cream scooper to scoop six large cookies onto the sheet (you’ll bake 2 batches).
Bake the cookies for 20 minutes and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack and allowing the cookies to come to room temperature.
Once they are set and room temp, you can whisk together the cream cheese frosting. I like to heat up the cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften it. Then, add the agave nectar and cinnamon to the cream cheese and whisk until smooth and combined.
Transfer to a plastic sandwich bag or piping bag and cut off one corner. Squeeze the frosting in a circular motion around the bottom of the cookie and place another one, bottom-side on the frosting to create a sandwich.
Set aside and continue until you have 6 sandwiches.
More pumpkin desserts you may like:
- pumpkin roll cookies
- gluten free pumpkin roll
- deliciously decadent pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins
- pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- the perfect gluten free pumpkin bread
- gluten free pumpkin pie squares
- pumpkin spice truffles
Moist & perfect gluten free pumpkin whoopie pies are filled with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. An easy and delicious fall dessert!
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, softened butter, agave nectar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Once combined, add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt to your bowl and whisk until incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use an ice cream scooper to scoop six large cookies onto the sheet (you’ll bake 2 batches).
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes.
- Allow them to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Allow the cookies to come to room temperature on the cooling rack.
- Once they are set and room temp, whisk together the softened cream cheese frosting, agave, and cinnamon in a medium bowl until smooth and combined.
- Transfer the frosting to a plastic sandwich bag or piping bag and cut off one corner.
- Squeeze the frosting in a circular motion around the bottom of the cookie and place another one, bottom-side on the frosting to create a sandwich.
- Set aside and continue until you have 6 cookie sandwiches.
- Serve at room temperature and store leftovers in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 31.4g
- Sodium: 433mg
- Fat: 19.6g
- Saturated Fat: 10.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 46.4g
- Fiber: 8.8g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
Keywords: pumpkin whoopie pies, cream cheese frosting, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin spice cookies