Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Squares
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Don’t hate me. I know it’s August. But, I’m thinking ahead. I’m thinking about… pumpkin. More specifically, pumpkin pie squares.
Not to mention I just happened to be aimlessly standing in front of my pantry and saw a few cans of pumpkin leftover from last year so I said, why not.
Plus I want to have all my desserts at the ready when pumpkin season DOES hit. So, here we are. Here I am. With a plate full of gluten free pumpkin pie squares.
These are insane. They have the most delicious nutty pecan crust layer followed by an uber creamy pumpkiny layer.
They’re delicious hot or chilled. Perfect with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream. Ugh, I just started drooling a bit thinking reliving the glory of these babies.
Other pumpkin recipes you’ll love:
- pumpkin pie
- vegan pumpkin pie cheesecake bars
- chocolate chip pumpkin muffins
- the best gluten free pumpkin bread
- moist and fudgey pumpkin spice blondies
- pumpkin chia pudding
- chocolate chunk pumpkin bread
If you have any pumpkin requests, I strongly urge you to let me know in the comments. I’m kinda feeling like this is going to be a big pumpkin year.
How to make pumpkin pie bars:
First, you want to make the pecan crust which can be done completely in your food processor! Combine the pecans, almond flour, coconut sugar and salt. Process until chunky and combined. Then, add in the ghee. Process for another 10 seconds until the ghee is incorporated and holds together when you press it between your fingers.
Then, make your pumpkin layer!Whisk together the pumpkin, coconut cream, eggs, agave, coconut sugar, vanilla, spices, and salt.
Now we’ll assemble it all! Press the crust into the bottom of your pan. Pour the pumpkin mixture on top and bake!
How do I know when my pumpkin bars are done baking?
First, start with cooking them for 55 – 60 minutes. Open the oven (with an oven mitt on!) and give the pan a little jiggle. The pumpkin layer should have a little movement, but not super jiggly.
Visually, make sure the center doesn’t appear wet or too shiny. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into them!
Shop this Post:
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup softened ghee (refined coconut oil also works)
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (make sure it’s warm or easily pour-able)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup is fine too)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted refined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- optional: powdered sugar for sprinkling on top, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the pecans, almond flour, coconut sugar and salt to the food processor.
- Process until chunky and combined, about 10 seconds.
- Then, add in the ghee.
- Process for another 10 seconds until the ghee is incorporated and the mixture holds together when you press it between your fingers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, coconut cream, eggs, agave, coconut sugar, vanilla, spices, and salt.
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper and spray the pan with your favorite baking spray. I like coconut oil spray!
- Use your hands or a rubber spatula to press the crust into the bottom of your pan.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture on top of the crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Put on an oven mitt and give the pan a little jiggle. There should be some slight movement but not too much and the top pumpkin layer should appear set and not wet.
- Allow the squares to come to room temperature before you cut into them.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or dollop the squares with your favorite vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Sodium: 162mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 38mg