I felt like last year I was SO behind on the pumpkin train. By the time I was ready to make pumpkiny things, it was Thanskgiving and I had like one day to make them all happen.
Needless to say, I missed the boat.
So, in an effort to get a seat on that pumpkin boat… I mean… train, I started early. I’ll admit it. The early bird catches the train. Or worm, whatever. A worm metaphor didn’t seem right in a food post.
These gluten free pumpkin blondies are:
- fluffy yet moist in the middle
- loaded with warm, fall spices
- easy to make in one bowl
- made with good for you ingredients
- perfect to eat plain or with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- easy to customize
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Blondies:
- unsalted butter (ghee or refined coconut oil works too)
- puréed pumpkin
- coconut sugar
- almond flour
- baking soda
- sea salt
- pumpkin spice
- chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
How to make gluten free pumpkin blondies:
Line an 8 x 8 square pan with parchment paper. Smooth the batter into the pan, and sprinkle additional chunks on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Cut into 9 squares and enjoy!!
More pumpkin recipes you need to try:
- Pumpkin Banana Cake Bars
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins (gluten free)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Squares
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Roll
- Paleo Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread
- Easy Pumpkin Alfredo
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use an electric mixture to cream together the butter (ghee or coconut oil works too), puréed pumpkin, coconut sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, and pumpkin spice and cinnamon.
- Mix to combine.
- Fold in most of the the chocolate chips, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Smooth the batter into the pan, and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cut into 9 squares.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 18.4g
- Sodium: 297mg
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!