Pumpkin Spice Waffles
I’m pretty excited about pumpkin season y’all. I kind of feel ridiculous about it, actually. But! It’s September 1st and I am ready to give you some fall-inspired dishes. I’ve got plannns, you know? Pumpkiny plans. Nevermind that it’s so hot and sweaty here that I’m running out this afternoon to buy some fans… that’s besides the point.
Last year I gave you these pumpkin cookies and I’m excited to see what this year brings. I want to revisit some of my older recipes and obviously create some tasty new ones.
Food blogging is kinda fun as the seasons change. I feel like every couple months we all throw a theme party and we get to dress up our recipes with a whole new batch of ingredients. SEASONAL!! That’s the word I’m looking for. Food blogging as given me a whole new appreciation for seasonal ingredients.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not crazy about only eating seasonally. If you want to eat a squash in the summer, I say dooo it. But I like having the built in switch up every few months. You can obsess over figs and berries and then move on to pumpkin spice and pomegranates a couple months later.
Anyway, I’ve been reeeeally feeling waffles, see here and here. Shoot, maaaybe I need more pancakes in my life. But the nooks and crannies!!! Pancakes just don’t give me the satisfaction of nooks and crannies. So, let’s make some Pumpkin Spice Waffles!!
Whisk together the eggs, ghee, agave, almond butter, and vanilla. Add the almond flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix it all up. Grease your waffle iron and divide the batter into the four sections of the waffle iron.
Cook until the little light goes off and continue this process until all the waffle batter is done. It should make four waffles.
Optional topping: satué 1/2 apple (sliced), in some ghee for about 5 minutes. Top the waffles with the apples, butter, chopped pecans, and syrup!Print
You’ll love these pumpkin spice waffles! They’re low carb, gluten free, paleo, and so delicious! Top them with anything from maple syrup to ice cream!
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons ghee (refined coconut oil or butter also works)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- splash vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Whisk together the eggs, ghee, agave, almond butter, and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Mix it all together.
- Grease your waffle iron.
- Divide the waffle batter into four waffles.
- Cook until the little light goes off and continue this process until all the waffle batter is done.
- Optional topping: satué 1/2 apple (sliced), in some ghee for about 5 minutes. Top the waffles with the apples, butter, chopped pecans, and syrup!
Per waffle: Calories 395; Fat 32.7g (Sat 14.3g); Protein 11.7g; Carb 17.0g (net carbs 12.0g); Fiber 5.0g; Sodium 189mg
This post contains affiliate links which means, if you purchase a product from one of the links, I’ll receive a small portion of the profit. Thanks so much for supporting thetoastedpinenut.com!! xo