Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Before I started typing this post I double searched and double checked my site to make sure I didn’t already have pumpkin muffins on it. Why HOW why HOW have I not given you a pumpkin muffin recipe yet?!! I mean sure, there are a kajillion other pumpkin recipes happening, but why no muffins? Where have I been on this?!
Perhaps it’s because my mom makes the most amazing pumpkin muffins and I thought I’d be unable to make a healthier version that could compare. But five years after I started this blog, I decided to give it a whirl. And I have to tell you I am THRILLED about these fluffy wonders.
The top has the most deliciously mouthwatering moistness to it. The chocolate chips add a nice gooey chocolate burst. And the whole muffin has a nice fluffiness and spice to it. They’re cute. They’re tasty. They’re perfect for fall.
If you’re loving pumpkin as much as me this fall, you have to try my pumpkin bread, or pumpkin roll cookies, or chocolate covered pumpkin donuts, or these pumpkin spice blondies! Omg, as I’m typing this I just realized I have so many pumpkin recipes on my site… maybe go to the top righthand corner and type “pumpkin” in the search bar for them all to pop up.
So let’s jump into the recipe and make these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins!!
Whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl. Mix until combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer the batter evenly into the muffin cups. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on the top of each muffin. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it rises and a toothpick comes out clean.
These gluten free + dairy free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are THE MOST PERFECT recipe for fall! They’re fluffy and moist and deliciously spiced.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + extra for putting on top of the muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line the muffin tin with parchment paper liners.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it rises and a toothpick comes out clean.