Servings: 6 whoopie pies 1x
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, softened butter, agave nectar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Once combined, add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt to your bowl and whisk until incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use an ice cream scooper to scoop six large cookies onto the sheet (you’ll bake 2 batches).
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes.
- Allow them to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Allow the cookies to come to room temperature on the cooling rack.
- Once they are set and room temp, whisk together the softened cream cheese frosting, agave, and cinnamon in a medium bowl until smooth and combined.
- Transfer the frosting to a plastic sandwich bag or piping bag and cut off one corner.
- Squeeze the frosting in a circular motion around the bottom of the cookie and place another one, bottom-side on the frosting to create a sandwich.
- Set aside and continue until you have 6 cookie sandwiches.
- Serve at room temperature and store leftovers in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 31.4g
- Sodium: 433mg
- Fat: 19.6g
- Saturated Fat: 10.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 46.4g
- Fiber: 8.8g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
© The Toasted Pine Nut