These homemade vegan granola bars take only four ingredients to make and they’re no bake! Once you make homemade granola bars, you won’t be able to go back to to store-bought ones!
I feel like my kids are going through boxes upon boxes of granola bars lately. It’s their favorite snack and frankly, mine too.
So, I thought it would be fun to make our own homemade granola bar recipe that we can customize with our favorite mix-ins.
If you want to browse recipes by flavor, check out these chocolate recipes, vanilla recipes, cinnamon recipes, peanut butter recipes and coconut recipes.
Ingredients for homemade granola bars:
Peanut Butter. I love me some peanut butter, but you can sub in any nut or seed butter here. Tahini, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter are great options!
Sweetener. I use agave nectar but honey or maple syrup works too! I haven’t tried this recipe with a granular sweetener, but I think it should work!
Oats. I used gluten free rolled oats, but other kind of oats should be fine! I think steel cut oats would be a bit too thick, but quick oats or instant oats should be fine.
Chocolate Chips. I love semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use milk chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter chips, whatever you like!
Granola Bar Variations:
I went for the traditional chewy chocolate chip granola bar, but you can go for a different vibe! Here are some fun options:
- dried cranberries or fruit
- chopped marshmallows and graham crackers
- mini M&Ms
- peanut butter chips
How to make chewy granola bars:
Mix. Process the peanut butter and agave nectar in your food processor.
Pulse. Add the oats and most of the chocolate chips to the food processor. Pulse the oats and chocolate chips so they are slightly chopped and combined with the peanut butter mixture.
Tranfer. Transfer the granola bar mixture to the pan and press it down in an even layer. Add the chocolate chips on top and press them into the top.
Chill. Chill for at least 1 hour, or pop in the freezer for about 20 minutes until they’re set.
Cut and enjoy! Pull the edges of the parchment paper up and place on a cutting board. Cut into 6 bars. Store in the fridge.
More bars and snacks:
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Healthier Magic Bars
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars
- Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Superfood Snack Bars
- Creamy Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars
Chewy Vegan & Gluten Free Granola Bars
These Vegan Granola Bars are made with chewy oats, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. They’re only four ingredients, no bake, and naturally sweetened!
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too)
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Place the peanut butter and agave nectar in your food processor. Process for 15 seconds until combined.
- Add the oats and most of the chocolate chips to the food processor. Save some chocolate chips to put on top of the granola bars.
- Pulse the oats and chocolate chips so they are slightly chopped and combined with the peanut butter mixture.
- Line a 9 inch bread pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the granola bar mixture to the pan and press it down in an even layer.
- Add the chocolate chips on top and press them into the top.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, or pop in the freezer for about 20 minutes until they’re set.
- Pull the edges of the parchment paper up and place on a cutting board.
- Cut into 6 bars.
- Store in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 16.4g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe