Servings: 12 bars 1x
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- 3 cups honey nut cheerios (plain cheerios are also delish!)
- flakey salt for sprinkling
- Place the peanut butter and agave in a large bowl and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds. You could also put the ingredients in a pot over medium heat and whisk until warm and smooth.
- Once the peanut butter mixture is combined, add the cheerios to the bowl (or pot) and fold until the cheerios are completely coated with the peanut butter mixture.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper. Trust me, parchment paper is amazing later when you want to pull up the bars from the pan.
- Use a rubber spatula to press the cheerios into a single, even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Chill in the freezer at at least 1 hour.
- Pull the bars out of the pan by pulling up the edges of the parchment paper.
- Place them on a cutting board and cut into 12 bars.
- Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge. Place parchment paper between layers if needed.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6.2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg