Gluten free gingerbread banana bread is going to be your favorite bread to make this holiday season!
There’s nothing quite like having a whole bunch of spotty bananas sitting on your counter to inspire ample amounts of banana recipes.
Since we are coming up on gingerbread season I knew I have to made a ginger-spiced banana bread – a fun and festive take on your traditional banana bread, on your traditional gingerbread.
Marry them together and you get gingerbread banana bread! Or… banana gingerbread. Or.. ginger banana bread? You get the idea.
I added some warm, cozy, gingerbread spices to the mix, some molasses for rich depth of flavor, and otherwise kept the ingredients really simple and easy.
If you want to browse recipes by flavor, check out these banana recipes, blueberry recipes, apple recipes, strawberry recipes, and raspberry recipes!
Ingredients for ginger spiced banana bread:
- bananas: ripe and spotty, just how I like them
- molasses: adds some rich depth to the bread
- agave nectar: honey or maple syrup is a fine sub here
- blanched almond flour
- baking powder
How to make banana gingerbread:
It’s so simple! Mash your bananas in a medium bowl and then add the eggs, molasses and agave nectar. Whisk to combine.
Add the almond flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Whisk again until combined.
Line an 8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and transfer the batter to the pan. Bake for 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the pan before loosening the edges with a butter knife and pulling up on the parchment paper to remove the loaf from the pan.
Other gingerbread recipes you’ll love:
- Homemade Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
- Gingerbread Waffles
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Loaf
- Vegan Gingerbread Bliss Balls
- Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Blondies
- Gingerbread Muffins
- Cashew Gingerbread Squares
- Gingerbread Cookies
Gingerbread Banana Bread (gluten free + dairy free)
Gingerbread Banana Bread is moist, and fluffy with rich molasses and warm gingerbread spices. Naturally gluten free and dairy free!
- 2 ripe, spotty bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup black strap molasses
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 cups super-fine blanched almond flour (How to Make Almond Flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl and then add the eggs, molasses and agave nectar.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Whisk again until combined.
- Line an 8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and transfer the batter to the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan before loosening the edges with a butter knife and pulling up on the parchment paper to remove the loaf from the pan.
- Cut into 10 slices and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 11.4g
- Sodium: 149mg
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe