This gluten free gingerbread loaf is moist, fluffy, and perfectly spiced!
I was pretty set on wanting to perfect a gingerbread loaf. It took me a couple tries to get it right, but I finally made one that is super fluffy and moist and perfectly spiced. I made this loaf and legit could not stop eating it because the texture was just sooo perfect.
I sprinkled some low carb powdered sugar on top and some adorable gingerbread man sprinkles I picked up at HomeGoods. I’ll link to the powdered sugar HERE. But feel free to use regular powdered sugar or drizzle melted white chocolate on top. You could even whip up the glaze from these muffins for a silky and sweet dairy free option!
This gingerbread loaf is:
- naturally gluten free
- dairy free
- made in one bowl
- comes together in 45 minutes (or less if you can whisk a wee bit faster!)
- perfectly spiced
- amazing with a cup of coffee or tea… or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
- going to be a new family favorite
Ingredients to make a gingerbread loaf:
- unsweetened applesauce
- coconut sugar
- blanched almond flour
- tapioca flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- sea salt
- round nutmeg
How to make gluten free gingerbread:
This recipe for Gluten Free Gingerbread Loaf is super simple! I can’t get over how much I’m loving over the texture of this loaf buuuut anyhoo, let’s get into the recipe.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the applesauce, coconut sugar, eggs, and molasses. You want all the wet ingredients to get nice and combined. Note: molasses tends to be higher glycemic but adds a nice depth to this bread. If you prefer lower glycemic, sub in agave nectar. Or if you don’t have molasses on hand, feel free to use maple syrup or honey.
Line a 9 inch or 10 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan. Then, bake for 35 minutes until the center is set.
Other gingerbread recipes you’ll love:
- Homemade Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
- Gingerbread Waffles
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Loaf
- Vegan Gingerbread Bliss Balls
- Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Blondies
- Gingerbread Muffins
- Cashew Gingerbread Squares
- Gingerbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the applesauce, coconut sugar, eggs, and molasses.
- Once all the wet ingredients are combined, add the almond flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda, baking powder, allspice, and nutmeg to the bowl.
- Whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Line a 9 inch or 10 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the center is set.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 15.5g
- Sodium: 176mg
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37.1g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 33mg