Vegan Gingerbread Bliss Balls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You know gingerbread season is upon us and I couldn’t let this week start off without some seasonal bliss balls.
These are my favorite kind of snacks to make because you pack them with goodies, make them super nutrient dense, and literally throw everything in a bowl. I made these pumpkin energy balls a couple months back and felt like gingerbread HAD to happen.
This is the easiest recipe, you guys. you literally mix everything up in a bowl and then roll them in balls and if you’re hankering for a little something extra extra, you dip them and drizzle them with chocolate. DONE. and then you’re done.
Ok, now a word on puffed quinoa. I love it. I’ve used it in these peanut butter crunch balls, and this homemade chocolate crunch bar, and literally everywhere else I can because it is SO fun to eat. I was buying it on amazon but the brand I was using stopped making it so I searched high and low and the best place I have found to buy this crispy puffed quinoa is HERE.
These bliss balls are one of those snacks that you can eat any time of day. Wake up and enjoy a couple with your morning coffee, pack them with your lunch for a little pick me up at work, or have a couple more after dinner when that sweet tooth is screaming.
I like to prep a batch of bliss balls for healthy snacking throughout the week. It’s nice to have a stash in my fridge so I don’t grab for less healthy options.
Ingredients for gluten free gingerbread bliss balls:
- cocoa butter
- agave nectar
- blanched almond flour
- puffed quinoa
- chopped pecans
- chocolate chips
- refined coconut oil
How to make gingerbread energy balls:
Whisk together the melted cocoa butter and agave nectar. Once combined, add the almond flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk again until combined.
Fold in the crispy, puffed quinoa and the pecans. Use a cookie scooper to scoop balls and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can keep them as is, but I like to roll them in between my hands to make the balls smooth.
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in the coconut oil. once smooth, dip each ball or drizzle them with the chocolate. Place the balls back on the parchment paper. Chill for 10 minutes until the chocolate hardens. Store in the fridge.
Other bliss balls and energy balls you’ll love:
- Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
- Turmeric Maca Bliss Balls
- Cinnamon Roll Bliss Balls
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bliss Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Balls
- Cake Batter Balls
Gingerbread Bliss Balls are vegan, gluten free, & a festive holiday snack! Made with cocoa butter, almond flour, and warm gingerbread spices!
- 1/3 cup cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- Whisk together the melted cocoa butter and agave nectar.
- Once combined, add the almond flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, and nutmeg.
- Whisk again until combined.
- Fold in the crispy, puffed quinoa and the pecans.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop balls and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can keep them as is, but I like to roll them in between my hands to make the balls smooth.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in the coconut oil.
- Once the chocolate is smooth, dip each ball or drizzle them with the chocolate.
- Place the balls back on the parchment paper.
- Chill for 10 minutes until the chocolate hardens. Store in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Sodium: 52mg
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: gingerbread bliss balls, gingerbread energy balls, gingerbread snack balls, gluten free gingerbread bliss balls, gluten free gingerbread energy balls, vegan gingerbread bliss balls, vegan gingerbread energy balls