Homemade Crunch Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Ok something magical happened, you guys. Puffed quinoa has come into my life. My life will never be the same and from this point forward I’ll be putting puffed quinoa in ALL THE THINGS.
Liiike homemade granola. And Maybe these peanut butter bars. And maybe just use it as cereal? I’m really into it. They remind me of rice krispies from when I was a kid. They are so crispity crunchity I’m in looove.
So, one day I was messing around because I did just get amazing new chocolate molds, after all. And I felt like I really wasn’t doing the chocolate molds justice because the only thing I had made in them were plain chocolate bars that my kids decorated with sprinkles, craisins, and some other random nonsense they insisted upon.
So, after they had their fun with some chocolate bar creations, I made my own. And man, it was amazing. So amazing, in fact, that I have since made it about 3 times.
I love having chocolate stored in my fridge for my late night sweet tooth. I just break off a square (or four) and go along my merry way.
So, let’s get to it and make some deliciously crispy homemade crunch bars.
Melt your chocolate. I put mine in the microwave for two minutes, stirring after one minute.
Place the chocolate molds on a cutting board or a baking sheet. Pour the chocolate into the chocolate molds and evenly spread it out. I banged the cutting board a few times in an attempt to get any bubbles out of the chocolate. I don’t know if it worked, but I really don’t mind too much if there’s bubbles in my chocolate. It still tastes amazing!!
Pop it in the fridge for a couple hours. Then, push it out to remove it from the molds and eat! Store in the fridge 🙂
This THREE INGREDIENT paleo, gluten free, and sugar free homemade crunch bar will be your new favorite dessert! So easy to make and so fun to eat!
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave for two minutes, stirring after one minute.
- Then, stir in the cashew butter and puffed quinoa.
- Place the chocolate molds on a cutting board or a baking sheet.
- Pour the chocolate into the chocolate molds and evenly spread it out.
- Bang the cutting board a few times to get any bubbles out of the chocolate. I don’t know if this works, but worth a shot!
- Transfer the cutting board (or baking sheet) with the molds on top the fridge for a couple hours.
- When you’re ready to eat them, push it out to remove it from the molds and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge 🙂
Some of the links above are affiliate links. Thanks so much for your support!!