Healthy Cake Batter Energy Balls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sprinkles have magical powers. They transform things my kids deem “meh” to beautifully delicious and exciting treats.
Oatmeal? Colorful oatmeal heaven. Yogurt? Multi-colored yogurt bliss. Pancakes? Birthday pancakes. Toast? Sprinkle toast. Wait. Ok ok, I’ve never actually put sprinkles on toast, but I don’t see what’s stopping me.
I like how sprinkles bring the party. No matter who you’re with, or what you’re eating, add some sprinkles and it’s guaranteed to make you smile.
I whipped up these easy (too easy) cake batter balls. No bake, five minute prep, and ohhh so delicious. I literally couldn’t keep little hands away.
My kids were loving the process of rolling these and dipping them in the sprinkles. Sprinkles EVERYWHERE, people.
- blanched almond flour
- unsweetened coconut shreds
- agave nectar
- refined coconut oil
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- pinch of salt
- rainbow sprinkles
How to Make Cake Batter Balls!!
Combine almond flour, coconut shreds, agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works for higher glycemic), refined coconut oil, almond milk, sea salt, and vanilla in your food processor. Process to mix everything together (about 30 seconds) and it will be like cookie dough consistency. Scrape down the sides and process for another 10 seconds. You can definitely use a bowl and whisk too, I’m just so used to using my food processor!
Roll a ping pong-sized ball in your hands. I used a cookie scooper to keep the ball size consistent 🙂 Then drop it in the sprinkle bowl and roll it around a bit.
Once they are coated in sprinkles, roll them in your hands one more time to really press the sprinkles onto the outside of the balls.
Place it on a plate in a single layer. Pop it in the freezer for 5 – 10 minutes, then transfer them to the fridge until ready to eat.
More No-Bake Energy Bites:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Balls
- Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
- Vegan Gingerbread Bliss Balls
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- No Bake Peanut Butter Crunch Balls
- Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Energy Balls
Healthy Cake Batter Energy Balls are coated in sprinkles and guaranteed to bring the smiles! They’re no-bake and naturally gluten free!
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Combine all the ingredients (minus sprinkles) in the food processor.
- Process for 10 seconds, scrape down the sides and process for another couple seconds.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, pour 2 tablespoons of sprinkles at a time. Add more sprinkles as needed.
- Roll a large marble sized ball in your hands.
- Place it in the sprinkle bowl and roll it around a bit to get it coated with sprinkles.
- Once the balls have sprinkles, place them on a plate in a single layer.
- Transfer them to the fridge for another 30 minutes and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them.
Store in fridge.
Per ball: Calories 86; Fat 4.6g (Sat 1.9g); Protein 1.8g; Carb 6.4g (net carbs 5.4g); Fiber 1.0g; Sodium 2mg
Author’s note: at the time of update (9/7/16), I have in fact, put sprinkles on toast 😉