Hey hey everyone! I have a really fun and crunchy snack for you guys to make for literally every occasion. I packed some in my kids lunchboxes. I sent some along with my mom for her plane ride. I had some for dessert.
My mom was visiting from New Jersey this past weekend and I decided to make a recipe video with her! She didn’t know what she wanted to make and since she was about to head to the airport without any plane snacks, so I couldn’t help but be inclined to make something she could take for her trip.
I made a version of these before – my peanut butter crunch balls which are a fan favorite. I also have tons of bliss balls and energy balls like almond butter chocolate chip and carrot cake and gingerbread and literally ALL the balls on this blog, so head to the search bar and type “energy balls” or “bliss balls” to browse some good options.
So let’s make some epically (that’s a word, right?) crunchy and fun Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Balls!
Whisk together the natural peanut butter, agave nectar, and vanilla. You can really customize this with your favorite nut/seed butter or sweetener. I tend to lean toward sticky sweeteners like agave nectar, coconut nectar, honey, or maple syrup to give the balls some wetness to come together. If you want to experiment with a granular sweetener, decrease the amount of almond flour by about 1/4 cup and add more, one tablespoons at a time as needed.
Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, and sea salt. I used three tablespoons of cocoa powder for a darker chocolate taste. If you want it to be less rich and dark, maybe go for 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Whisk it or fold it together until completely combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the puffed quinoa.
Use a cookie scooper to scoop the balls and keep them uniform. Then, roll them between your hands to make them smooth. Place them on a cutting board or baking sheet lined with piece of parchment paper and sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- splash vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa (aka quinoa crisps)
- flaked sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Whisk together the natural peanut butter, agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works), and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk it or fold it together until completely combined.
- Fold in the puffed quinoa.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop the balls and keep them uniform.
- Then, roll them between your hands to make them smooth.
- Place them on a cutting board or baking sheet lined with piece of parchment paper and sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat.