Chocolate & Brazil Nut No-Bake Energy Bites
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Chocolate Brazil Nut Energy Balls will be your new favorite snack or sweet tooth craving. They’re packed with healthy fats and nutrients to help fight inflammation and boost your mood!
I like to think of these vegan chocolate energy balls as little candies. They’re chocolatey, crunchy, salty and sweet. They kinda remind me of healthier ferrero rochers and I loooove them.
Health benefits of brazil nuts:
- rich in selenium which is essential for your thyroid, better immune function, and has been linked to better outcomes for cancer, infections, heart disease, and more!
- high concentrations of magnesium, copper, and zinc
- great source of healthy fats
- may reduce inflammation because they’re so rich in antioxidants
- can be good for your brain functioning
Can brazil nuts be bad for you?
- Yes! Eating too many brazil nuts can be toxic. It’s been recommended to only consumer 1 – 3 brazil nuts per day.
Where to buy brazil nuts:
I usually buy most of my specialty food items from amazon. Here are some of the brands I like:
Ingredients for chocolate brazil nut energy bites:
- cocoa butter or cacao butter: if you don’t have either of these, refined coconut oil would also work!
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- almond butter: any other nut or seed butter works too!
- agave nectar: if you don’t have agave nectar, honey or maple syrup also works!
- brazil nuts
How to make chocolate brazil nut energy bites:
Melt the cocoa butter in the jar in the microwave for about a minute. Mix it with a spoon and then pop it in the microwave for another 30 seconds if it needs to be smoothed out more.
Combine the cocoa butter, almond butter, cocoa, agave, and sea salt in the food processor and process until the ingredients are combined and smooth. Add the brazil nuts to the food processor.
Use a small cookie scooper to scoop balls of the mixture into a lined baking sheet. You can eat them immediately, chill as is, or roll them into smooth balls.
Sprinkle the top with crumbled brazil nuts and sea salt. Store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat!
Other energy ball recipes you may like:
- pumpkin spice peanut butter energy balls
- chocolate chip almond butter energy balls
- peanut butter crunch balls
- chocolate peanut butter crunch balls
- vegan gingerbread bliss balls
- carrot cake bliss balls
- turmeric maca bliss balls
- cake batter energy balls
Satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way with these chocolate brazil nut no-bake energy bites. So simple and so good for you!
- Melt the cocoa butter in the jar in the microwave for about a minute.
- Mix it with a spoon and then pop it in the microwave for another 30 seconds if it needs to be smoothed out more.
- Combine the cocoa butter, almond butter, cocoa, agave, and sea salt in the food processor and process until the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Add the brazil nuts to the food processor.
- Process until chopped up and combined.
- Use a small cookie scooper to scoop balls of the mixture into a lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the top with crumbled brazil nuts and sea salt.
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat!
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 51mg
- Fat: 12.1g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg