Ok, tell me. What are some of your favorite snacks? Let me know in the comments below because I’ve honestly been in a snack rut. I’ve been buying bags of snack-y foods to get us through the week but then today I remembered…
I remembered about energy balls. I have a bunch of different energy balls on the blog from these cinnamon roll ones, to these crunchy peanut butter ones, to these brownie bites. As the seasons change it’s fun to switch up the ingredients to make them festive.
Today I bopped into the kitchen and made these pumpkin spice peanut butter energy balls because I was kinda craving a slice of pumpkin pie and wanted to make a quick bite that could satisfy that autumn dessert need I’ve been feeling… like every night. ha!
These pumpkin spice peanut butter energy balls are so easy to mix up on a Sunday night to have for snacks throughout the week. Aside from the perfect balance between pumpkin and peanut butter, the texture is absolutely delish! The chopped pecans and shredded coconut add for a nice nutty crunch.
Customize the nuts, add some puffed quinoa for an extra crunch, add some mini chocolate chips, you can totally make them to fit your own tastes.
Basically, you mix everything together in a bowl. Fold in the pecans, coconut shreds, form balls and eat them.
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy them throughout the week. Or share! Sharing is a nice thing to do, but I totally understand if you don’t want to!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Use your hands or a cookie scooper to form balls.
- Roll them between your hands to get them smooth.
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy them throughout the week.