Ok story time. When I was younger, there was this food store by us called Zagara’s. I always thought the name was pretty fun to say.
I don’t remember if they were a specialty store, or just a food store, but there were these peanut butter crunch balls in a glass case in the bakery section. I lived for them.
They tasted like a Reese’s peanut butter cups in ball form with crunchy rice crispies spread throughout. Ugh, they were so good. At some point when I was in high school, Zagara’s closed and those crunchy peanut butter balls of delight were no more.
I trecked on. I went back to my peanut butter cup ways and went on with my life. But, I never forgot. They were filed in the back of my brain as a love lost. Whenever I saw something that resembled my beloved peanut butter ball, my heart would fill with hope. Would they have that same special crunch?
They never did.
And then puffed quinoa came into my life. In some breath of fate, I knew what needed to be done. So, I crafted these delicious Peanut Butter Crunch Balls in loving memory of Zagara’s. They taste pretty much the identical. And, in the last week since first crafting this recipe, I have made them three times.
So let’s make some Peanut Butter Crunch Balls!!
Fold in the puffed quinoa.
Use a cookie scooper to scoop the balls and keep them uniform. Then, roll them between your hands to make them smooth.
If desired, melt chocolate chips and dip each ball into the chips. Sprinkle each ball with pink Himalayan sea salt. Place them on a cutting board or baking sheet lined with piece of parchment paper and store in the fridge for the chocolate to harden.Print
Delicious gluten free + vegan Peanut Butter Crunch Balls are the perfect afternoon snack or dessert! The puffed quinoa adds such a fun crunch!
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- splash vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- Whisk together the natural peanut butter, agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works), and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour and sea salt.
- Whisk it or fold it together until completely combined.
- Fold in the puffed quinoa.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop the balls and keep them uniform.
- Then, roll them between your hands to make them smooth.
- If desired, melt chocolate chips and dip each ball into the chips.
- Sprinkle each ball with pink Himalayan sea salt.
- Place them on a cutting board or baking sheet lined with piece of parchment paper and store in the fridge for the chocolate to harden.
This post contains affiliate links which means I’ll receive a portion of the sale. Thank you so much for your support!! xo