Gluten Free Gingerbread Waffles
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
We’re all obsessing over these gluten free gingerbread waffles in my house!!
‘Tis the season for gingerbread EVERYTHING! As I was perusing my seasonal gingerbread recipes, I realized that I needed some gingerbread waffles!
Sure I have tons of gingerbread desserts and snacks, but we need more gingerbread inserted into our breakfast first thing in the morning, am I right?
The base of these waffles is blanched almond flour. By now you know that I am an almond flour enthusiast, and most of the recipes on my site, especially the baked goods, use almond flour.
I love the Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Blanched Almond Flour! I can always count on them for wholesome and nutritious ingredients for my recipes. Bob started his business with his wife Charlee over three decades ago and I love that he continues to play a fundamental role in the company’s daily operations.
My favorite kind of flour is super-fine blanched almond flour because it has a really beautiful pastry color, and the texture is so soft and fluffy compared to an almond meal which can be heartier. Texture is key when it comes to gluten free recipes and for me, blanched super-fine almond flour never lets me down!
These healthy gingerbread waffles are:
- Made in one bowl
- Perfectly spiced
- Naturally sweetened
- Packed with nutrition
- Have minimal ingredients
- Perfect for a special occasion
- Easy enough to make any day of the week
Ingredients for Gingerbread Waffles:
- Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Blanched Almond Flour
- Coconut sugar – any granular sweetener should be fine
- Milk – you can use any dairy or non-dairy milk you like!
- Black Strap Molasses – adds such an amazing deep, rich flavor!
- Baking powder
How to make gluten free gingerbread waffles:
It’s so simple! I like to think of these waffles in four steps: whisk, spray, waffle, enjoy.
Whisk together your wet ingredients in a large bowl, then add in your dry ingredients. Whisk until combined, you should have a thick batter.
Spray your waffle iron with your favorite cooking spray, or brush it with melted butter.
Divide the batter into the waffle iron. Mine made four square waffles, but this may vary depending on what kind of waffle iron you have.
Last step: Enjoy! I topped mine with a pad of butter, a drizzle of syrup, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar for good measure. But, feel free to get creative with your toppings! Yogurt, fresh berries, and whipped cream would all be delicious!
More waffle recipes you’ll love:
- Gluten Free Green Spinach Waffles
- Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles
- Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- The Perfect Paleo Vanilla Waffle
- Gluten Free Coffee Bean Waffles
Gluten Free Gingerbread Waffles are perfectly spiced, crisp around the edges, and easily made dairy free. A delicious holiday breakfast!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used whole milk but nut milk or dairy free milk works too)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons black strap molasses
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Turn on your waffle iron and allow it to heat up.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, molasses and coconut sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add Bob’s Red Mill blanched almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves to the bowl.
- Whisk until combined. The batter should be pretty thick.
- Spray the waffle iron with your favorite cooking spray, or brush it with melted butter.
- Divide the batter into the waffle iron. Mine made four square waffles, but this may vary depending on what kind of waffle iron you have.
- Top with a pad of butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or whatever you like! Yogurt, fresh berries, and whipped cream would also be delicious!
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 17.6g
- Sodium: 59mg
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
Keywords: gingerbread waffles, gluten free gingerbread waffles, waffles made with almond flour, almond flour waffles, gingerbread recipes,
Thank you so much to Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post! I love working with my favorite brands and couldn’t be more thrilled they support The Toasted Pine Nut!