Tahini Banana Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I think tahini is such a fun switch up to any nut butter PLUS it has that extra sesame flavor which is so fun to make both sweet and savory. Since I am banana bread obsessed AND tahini obsessed I couldn’t help but combine the two.
I have two banana bread recipes on the blog already: this coconut almond banana bread and this double chocolate banana bread, AND one banana bread muffin recipe. All of these are loaded up with chocolate chips and nuts and texture. I really wanted to make a banana bread recipe where the focus was on the fluffy, cake-y texture and flavor.
Jaryd came home and couldn’t stop eating it. He loves banana bread au natural without the bells and whistles of nuts and chips and all the things loaded in. And, I really loved having it as a fun option too.
I love the little sesame seeds sprinkled on top and the little sprinkle of sea salt. And, you cook it in a skillet. Why? To be different. Sure you could probably use a loaf pan, but baking this is a skillet gives you more of a banana cake feel. You can cut off little wedges and enjoy it with your coffee and tea.
It’s delicious, y’all. It’s so good and I’m excited for you to give it a try. So, let’s get into this delicious gluten free, dairy free Tahini Banana Bread Skillet!
How to make tahini banana bread:
Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Add the tahini, eggs, coconut nectar, and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk again until combined.
Spray your oven-proof skillet with coconut oil and pour the banana bread mixture into it. Use a spatula to spread it evenly across the bottom.
Optional: cut another banana in half lengthwise and place it on top. This just to make it pretty, but not necessary for the recipe.
Sprinkle with the black and white sesame seeds and bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Once done baking, sprinkle with flaked sea salt.Print
Tahini Banana Bread Skillet is light and fluffy and naturally gluten free. The perfect mellow flavored tahini bread to make in a pinch!
- 2 ripe bananas + 1–2 extra if decorating the top
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- coconut oil spray for greasing the skillet
- flaked sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the tahini, eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla to the bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk again until combined.
- Spray your oven-proof skillet with coconut oil and pour the banana bread mixture into it.
- Use a spatula to spread it evenly across the bottom.
- Optional: cut another banana in half lengthwise and place it on top. This just to make it pretty, but not necessary for the recipe.
- Sprinkle with the black and white sesame seeds and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Once done baking, sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 9.9g
- Sodium: 161mg
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
Keywords: banana bread, banana bread recipes, banana bread recipe best, banana bread easy, banana bread healthy, banana bread with almond flour, banana bread skillet, banana bread skillet cake, paleo banana bread skillet, best banana bread skillet, tahini, tahini recipes, tahini banana bread recipes, tahini banana bread, tahini banana cake, tahini banana bread recipe,