Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
HEY! YOU! Lovely person in front of the computer! You’re amazing!! And not just because you are reading my blog, because that does indeed elevate you to a whole new level of awesome, but because you are, at your core, amazing. Just in case you needed a reminder 😉
So I’ve been in a purge-cleaning mindset minus the actual purging part. I seem to get halfway done with all intentions of ridding my house of the clutter, but then something happens and things are just left more messy then when I started. Kinda frustrating.
For example: In a covert nap-time mission, I decided I would grab a trash bag and put the excess, not so favorite, haven’t been touched in months toys in a bag for donation. But then I somehow got distracted and I left that bag out. One thing lead to another and curious minds have since emptied the contents onto my living room slash play room and it’s a total mess.
My neighbor stopped by because he got locked out of his house and had to break in through his back door which he can only access through our back door (city living ha!), took one look at my living room, and said something along the lines of, “This is looking…. pretty… pretty… good.” I’m aware. It’s a work in progress.
But like, thanks for commenting.
Soo I’ve always loved a good muffin. For me, college breakfasts consisted of coffee and a blueberry muffin. I just love the crispy, crunchy top and soft, fluffy middle. I love the grab and go aspect, and I love alllll the different flavors.
But anyway, here’s what you do:
In medium bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, eggs, almond butter, and agave nectar.
Add the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix to combine. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Grease a muffin tin with some coconut oil and fill the tins with the batter until almost full.
Bake for 20 minutes and allow to sit in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
I am obsessing over these gluten free and refined sugar free Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffins! They’re so easy to whip together and kid friendly!
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 – 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, eggs, almond butter, and agave nectar.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix to combine.
- Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Grease a muffin tin with some coconut oil and fill the tins with the batter until almost full.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to sit in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Per muffin: Calories 270; Fat 19.4g (Sat 3.2g); Protein 8.6g; Carb 21.1g (net carbs 17.8g); Fiber 3.3g; Sodium 47mg