Tahini Banana Bread is going to be your new favorite banana bread recipe! It’s loaded up with chocolate chips and sesame flavor.
It’s just one of those recipes that’s going to be a quick favorite. Tahini gives it a lot of nutty flavor but the texture is super creamy. It’s not overpowering but the perfect balance to the melty chocolate chips.
This tahini bread is easy to make in one bowl and makes for a great any day treat or snack!
Ingredients for this Chocolate Chip Tahini Banana Bread:
Bananas. The riper the better. You want some brown, spotty soft bananas.
Tahini. You know, that ground up sesame seed butter goodness.
Eggs. I use regular ol’ eggs and haven’t tested it with vegan eggs or flax eggs. If you do some experimenting, let me know how it goes!
Agave Nectar. I use agave nectar here, but you can also sub in honey or maple syrup if you prefer!
Vanilla Extract. Just a splash!
Almond Flour. I always use super-fine blanched almond flour. If you use almond meal, it would probably work but just have more of a heartier texture.
Baking Powder & Salt. This is where the fluff and flavor comes from. baking powder brings the fluff factor and salt helps brings out the flavor.
Chocolate Chips. I use semi-sweet chocolate, but you can use milk chocolate or whatever kind of chips you like.
Sesame Seeds. These are just for sprinkling on top to really knock that sesame vibe out of the park.
How to make Tahini Banana Bread:
Mash. Mash those deliciously ripe and spotty bananas in a medium/large bowl.
Mix. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Then add those dry ingredients and whisk again until combined.
Fold. Add those chocolate chips to the batter and use a rubber spatula to fold them into the batter.
Bake. Transfer the batter the a lined 9 inch bread pan and bake for 40 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool & Slice. Allow the bread to cool in the pan. The slide a knife around the pan to release it from the pan and lift the parchment paper to pull up the bread and remove it from the pan. Slice and enjoy!
More Banana Recipes to Try:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Easy Banana Overnight Oats
- Gingerbread Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Banana Cake
- Tahini Banana Bread Skillet
- Nut Free Banana Muffins
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Coconut Almond Banana Bread
- 2 ripe bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the tahini, eggs, agave, and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and fold them into the batter.
- Line a 9 inch bread pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter to the pan.
- Top with a few extra chocolate chips and sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Slide a knife around the edges of the bread, then pull up on the parchment paper to remove the bread from the pan.
- Place on a cutting board, cut into slices and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/10 loaf (1 slice)
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 14.3g
- Sodium: 151mg
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22.3g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 49mg