Oat flour banana bread is the perfect banana bread! This may be the fluffiest banana bread I’ve made yet! What I love about this banana bread is it is SO delicious plain as is. But, you can really dress it up by adding some chocolate chips or walnuts.
It only takes 5 minutes to whisk it all up and pop in the oven. Plus, if don’t don’t have oat flour at home, it’s so simple to make at home!
How to make homemade oat flour
It’s so easy! All you need to do it put your old fashioned rolled oats in a food processor or blender and blend for about 1 minute until completely chopped up. I like to do this is small batches to make sure they all get chopped evenly.
Ingredients for oat flour banana bread:
Bananas. They make the banana bread happen. You want those super spotty, brown, soft bananers.
Eggs. Just two. I haven’t tested this with a vegan egg, so if you do any experimenting, let me know how it goes! I did try this recipe with flax eggs and it worked – it was just a bit chewier and smaller than when I used regular eggs.
Agave Nectar. To sweeten this banana bread up! If you prefer, you can use honey or maple syrup.
Vanilla Extract. Just a splash 🙂
Oat Flour. I tend to buy oat flour in bulk, but if you want, you can make your own at home! Pulse your old-fashioned rolled oats in a blender or food processor until the reach a powdery flour consistency.
Baking Powder & Salt. This is for some baking magic.
Oats. Completely for some decoration on top to hit home the whole “oat flour banana bread” vibe, but not necessary to the recipe.
How to make oatmeal banana bread:
Mash. Mash those bananas in a large bowl until they reach the desired consistency. If you like them a bit more chunky, leave them chunky. If you like a smoother banana bread, keep on mashing until those bananas are smooth.
Mix. Add all the wet ingredients to the bowl and whisk. Then add in the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
Transfer. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and transfer the batter to the pan. Top it off with some oats (optional) or leave it plain.
Bake. Mine took about 37 minutes so bake it for 35 – 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool and enjoy! You get the best slices of this banana bread once it is completely cool. So, allow the bread to cool for 15 – 20 minutes, then slice into it and enjoy!
More delicious banana bread recipes to try:
- Chocolate Chip Tahini Banana Bread
- Gingerbread Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- Tahini Banana Bread
- Coconut Almond Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- 3 ripe bananas (1 1/4 cup mashed banana)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon old fashioned rolled oats (optional, for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk again until combined.
- Line an 8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and transfer the batter to the pan.
- Sprinkle some oats (optional) on top.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes.
- Slide a knife around the edges and pull up on the parchment paper to remove the loaf from the pan.
- Allow to cool and cut into 10 slices.
- Once completely cool, you can store at room temperature in an airtight container for about 3 days, or in the fridge for about 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 10.9g
- Sodium: 130mg
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21.6g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 33mg