You guys. I’m on a mission. I really want to find a low carb bread that is totally sandwich-able. Something I can make avo toast, and french toast, and basically ALLLL the toasts with, you know? I’ve found some store-bought low carb breads here and there, BUT I’m a food blogger and I need to make my own, you know?
So I tested out some ideas in the kitchen, and while I wouldn’t call this a sandwich bread, this is probably my favorite savory, sweet bread I’ve ever made. Is it bad that whenever I make something new I’m all like, ok this is my fave. But I drizzled some PB on a slice of this bad boy and GUYS. This is definitely my fave.
You can even sub out the seeds and craisins for your favorite goodies. Craisins can spike blood sugar, so you may want to leave them out or definitely take them into consideration.
We’re kind of on a craisin kick and so I used handfuls of whatever we had in the cabinet. I think they added the perfect sweet berry punch to the seedy crunch.
Our boys started preschool in California. Caleb’s been in preschool school before, so he knows the drill. Nolan didn’t see it coming. I prepped him and he kept telling me he’s excited for school. He was PSYCHED about his new lunchbox. Tomorrow’s day two and I feel like it’s not going to go as smoothly. Now he knows what’s coming. Fingers crossed, you guys!!
I wasn’t the only one that appreciated this bread, though. Jaryd put away a few slices when no one was looking. Nolan grunted and pulled at my plate until I shared. I guess sharing is ok. I can’t blame him when it looks like this…
Even Caleb ate his whole slice, so you KNOW it’s good. You can easily make this paleo by subbing honey or maple syrup for the agave. I stick to agave because it has a low glycemic index and doesn’t spike blood sugar.
Let’s make some Seedy Craisin Flax Bread!! I wish I could come up with a name that truly describes the tastiness of this bread. I guess instead I went the more descriptive route. Sound off for better names below!!
Fold in the craisins, sunflower seeds, and pepitas. Line a bread pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and spread it out evenly. Top with additional craisins, sunflower seeds, and pepitas.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Let sit for five minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool. I waited until my bread was almost room temp before cutting into it.Print
You’ll love this low carb, gluten free, and paleo Seedy Craisin Flax Bread!! It’s packed with goodies, so savory, and delicious with your morning coffee!
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons agave (sub with honey or maple syrup to make it paleo)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2/3 cup ground flax meal
- 1/3 cup craisins + 1 tablespoon for topping
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds + 1 tablespoon for topping
- 1/3 cup pepitas + 1 tablespoon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, agave, water, and coconut oil.
- Add the baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, almond flour, and flax seed meal. Mix everything together.
- Fold in the craisins, sunflower seeds, and pepitas.
- Grease a bread pan (I just used a paper towel an spread 1 tablespoon of coconut oil around the bottom and sides).
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread out evenly.
- Top with additional craisins, sunflower seeds, and pepitas.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let sit for five minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- I waited until my bread was almost room temp before cutting into it.
One slice: Calories 288; Fat 25.4g (Sat 6.6g); Protein 11.4g; Carb 10.5g (net carbs 3.4); Fiber 7.1g; Sodium 34 mg
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy a product from one of the links above, I’ll receive a small portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting thetoastedpinenut.com and helping me do what I love!! xo