You’ll love this low carb, gluten free, and paleo Seedy Craisin Flax Bread!! It’s packed with goodies, so savory, and delicious with your morning coffee!
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons agave (sub with honey or maple syrup to make it paleo)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2/3 cup ground flax meal
- 1/3 cup craisins + 1 tablespoon for topping
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds + 1 tablespoon for topping
- 1/3 cup pepitas + 1 tablespoon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, agave, water, and coconut oil.
- Add the baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, almond flour, and flax seed meal. Mix everything together.
- Fold in the craisins, sunflower seeds, and pepitas.
- Grease a bread pan (I just used a paper towel an spread 1 tablespoon of coconut oil around the bottom and sides).
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread out evenly.
- Top with additional craisins, sunflower seeds, and pepitas.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let sit for five minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- I waited until my bread was almost room temp before cutting into it.
One slice: Calories 288; Fat 25.4g (Sat 6.6g); Protein 11.4g; Carb 10.5g (net carbs 3.4); Fiber 7.1g; Sodium 34 mg