I made us these gluten free ginger molasses cookies!! I asked you guys what your favorite cookies are and what you wanted to see this holiday season. What did a bunch of you say? Like a lot. A lot of you all said one type of cookie. It kinda surprised me HOW many of you said the same thing, you know?
Ginger molasses cookies. Not going to lie. These weren’t a staple in my childhood. We had those gingersnap cookies that were super crunchy and spiced and perfect when you dipped them for a good minute in a cup of milk. But they were adult cookies.
I preferred the chocolatey peanut butter ones and only later in life have I come to appreciate ginger cookies.
Since I got so many requests, I thought it was about time I tried my hand trying these cookies. Guys. These came out super pillowy and soft, perfectly spiced, and sweet but not too sweet. I wish I could give you a bite through the computer.
Ingredients for soft-baked molasses cookies:
- refined coconut oil: butter or ghee would also work here
- black strap molasses: gives the cookie a rich cozy flavor
- egg: I haven’t tested it with a vegan egg or flax egg, so don’t know for sure how it would turn out if you make a substitution. If you do any experimenting, I’d love to know how it goes!
- blanched almond flour
- baking soda
- ground ginger
- flaked sea salt
How to make gluten free ginger molasses cookies:
Whisk together the coconut oil, molasses, and egg in a medium bowl. Add the almond flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Use a rubber spatula to fold everything together to combine.
Use a cookie scooper to scoop 12 cookie dough balls out on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle each cookie dough ball with flaked sea salt. Bake for 12 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
More Christmas Cookies you’ll love:
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Gluten Free Hot Cocoa Christmas Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies
- No Bake Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies
Soft Baked Ginger Molasses Cookies (gluten free)
Ginger Molasses Cookies are gluten free, dairy free, soft- baked and chewy with festive, warming spices. The perfect holiday cookie!
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup molasses (agave nectar for low glycemic)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the coconut oil, molasses, and egg in a medium bowl.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold everything together to combine.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop 12 cookie dough balls out on a lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie dough ball with flaked sea salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Quick note on molasses: it’s a higher glycemic sweetener than what I typically use. If you aren’t concerned with blood sugar (i.e. you don’t have Diabetes or some other reason you are monitoring your blood sugars) please disregard this note. If you’d prefer to keep it low glycemic, use agave nectar instead of molasses and it’ll still be delicious!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 224mg
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe