Perfectly Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You guys!! I’ve spent sooo much time thinking about, dreaming about, experimenting, making, and eating chocolate chip cookies. I’ve been wanting that chewy, moist, pull apart, can’t get enough, eat ’em until they’re gone cookie.
I’ve made these chocolate chip cookies before but always struggled getting that chewy, soft-baked gooey center. So, I made it my mission to start testing.
Welp, I’ve solved our problems and made a NEW chocolate chip cookie recipe that is hands down, my favorite cookie recipe ever. I’m talking, of all the cookies I’ve tried in my lifetime, THIS RECIPE, this lower carb and gluten free recipe is my fave. Bam. I said it. It’s a ballsy statement, but I said it. Hands down, you guys, this is my favorite cookie recipe eva eva!!
I need you guys to try it. I seriously want to make a batch every week because dayyyuum, it’s that good. Plus I have some high hopes for cookie cake, cookie pizza, cookie bowls, um basically everything will be made from this cookie dough base from here on out. It’s SO GOOD, you guys!!
I know I’ve been on a dessert bender, but there are some seriously delicious savory meals coming your way and, as always, if you have any recipes (specific or general) that you want to see on the blog, don’t hesitate to holla at me.
Mix together the ghee, vanilla, and coconut sugar. Add the egg and continue to mix until completely creamed together. I used a food processor, but you can also use a handheld mixer or a standing mixer!
Preheat the oven and scoop the batter out onto a lined baking sheet. I just got a brand new cookie dough scooper which is basically a small ice cream scooper. I lovvvve it. But, if you want giant cookies, by all means use an ice cream scooper!
The best recipe for perfectly chewy chocolate chip cookies!! They’re low carb and gluten free cookies that are so simple to make!!
- 1/2 cup butter or ghee, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour (cashew flour works too!)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Use an electric mixer or food processor to cream together the butter, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add in the almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Mix again until completely combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Scoop the batter out onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10- 12 minutes until the edges are golden brown but the center is still soft.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes on the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Serving: Calories 99; Fat 7.4g (Sat 4g); Protein 1.1g; Carb 8.1g (net carb 7.8g); Fiber 0.3g; Sodium 217mg
- Three keys to this recipe:
- Don’t use melted butter or ghee. Make sure it is room temperature.
- Use an electric mixer to really cream together the cookie dough.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes!