Tigernut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ok you guys!! I am always always on the lookout for new fun flours that I can experiment with in my recipes. Almond flour will forever be my favorite and most versatile, cashew flour is so fun, tapioca flour has some great uses and now…. drum roll puhhlease….
TIGERNUT FLOUR!! I’ve been meaning to try tigernut flour ever since I first heard of it. So here’s the deal. It’s a great gluten free and grain free flour. Tigernut isn’t a nut, it’s a root vegetable that typically grows in North Africa and in the Mediterranean.
It’s high in fiber, protein, iron, healthy fats and loads of other things that I won’t bore you with here. The two other fun things I want to point out are: 1) it supports prebiotic growth, and 2) can lower blood glucose levels and improves insulin sensitivity.
Tigernut flour is said to have a nutty taste. To me, it reminded me of coconut flour but wasn’t as dry and granular as coconut flour. I wouldn’t say it’s as versatile and mild as almond flour, but I think tigernut flour will for sure be a new staple in our house! I’m so psyched it lived up to the hype!!
I’ve made these cookies twice and I am in looovee. My kids were grabbing for them, I was grabbing for them, they were crowd pleasers. Plus, they’re super simple and fun to eat. They are soft-baked, chewy, and remind me of those soft Entenmann’s cookies I used to eat by the boxful as a kid.
If you’re craving ALL the cookies, you have to try these perfectly chewy chocolate chip cookies, these tahini cookies, or these no bake peanut butter and chia jam thumbprint cookies!!
So let’s make some delicious Tigernut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies!! It’s so fun to switch up the cookie sitch and I know you guys are going to love these!!
NOTE: tigernut flour does tend to clump up, so I think it’s best to use a handheld or standing electric mixer to make sure everything gets nicely combined. The first time I experimented with these the handheld whisk left some clumps.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack. The cookies are pretty delicate when they first come out of the oven so they need to set and cool before you move them.Print
Delicious soft baked, dairy free, and gluten free Tigernut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies will be your new favorite dessert! So easy to make and perfectly chewy!
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup tigernut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In your electric mixer, whisk together the melted coconut oil, vanilla, coconut sugar, and egg until creamed together and combined.
- Add in the tigernut flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- NOTE: tigernut flour does tend to clump up, so I think it’s best to use a handheld or standing electric mixer to make sure everything gets nicely combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently press the tops of the cookie dough mounds down just the slightest.
- Add a coupe extra chips to the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack. The cookies are pretty delicate when they first come out of the oven so they need to set and cool before you move them.
- Sprinkle with additional sea salt and enjoy!!
Keywords: tigernut, tigernut flour, tigernut flour recipes, tigernut flour cookies, tigernut flour cookies recipes, tigernut flour chocolate chip cookies, gluten free tigernut flour cookies, gluten free tigernut flour recipes, paleo tigernut flour recipes, paleo tigernut flour chocolate chip cookies, tigernut flour cookies, paleo, how to tigernut flour, how to use tigernut flour, how to bake with tigernut flour, best tigernut flour recipes, best tigernut flour cookies,
This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase something from one of the links above, I’ll receive a small portion of the sale. I never link to anything unless I use it and love it. Thanks so much for all your support!! Enjoy!! xo