Crunchy Air Fryer Chickpeas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Air fryer chickpeas are going to be your new favorite snack! I mean, who doesn’t love crunchy, crispy snacks?! 🙋🏼♀️
I’ve always loved crispy chickpeas, but when whenever I try to roast them in the oven, they never quite have that crunch factor I’m looking for.
I decided to throw some chickpeas in my air fryer to see if I could achieve that crunchy texture and BAM, magic happened. Crispy, crunchy, perfectly spiced chickpeas.
What I love about these chickpeas is they come together so quickly! Prep time is 5 minutes or less if you work fast. I mean who doesn’t love a 5 minute snack?
You can pack these crunchy chickpeas in a baggie for a to-go snack, a lunchbox, or use them as a salad topper.
Ingredients for air fryer chickpeas
It’s so simple to make these chickpeas! All you need are chickpeas, oil, and spices!
- Chickpeas. chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Oil. I used avocado oil
- Spices. We’re talking garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper.
How to make crunchy chickpeas
Prep your chickpeas. Drain and rinse your chickpeas and transfer to a medium bowl.
Toss it all together. Add the oil and spices to the bowl and mix until the chickpeas are coated.
Air Fry. Transfer the chickpeas to your air fryer tray or basket. Air fry them for 15 minutes, shaking the tray halfway through cooking and enjoy!
More chickpea recipes to try:
- Chickpea Cookie Dough
- Spicy Chickpea Spinach Feta Frittata
- Instant Pot Moroccan Sweet Potato Chickpea Stew
- Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies
- Vegan Zucchini Chickpea Burgers
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Chickpea Salad
Air fryer chickpeas are the perfect crunchy snack to make in 15 minutes! They’re great to throw on top of salads or snack on as is!
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add the oil and spices to the bowl and mix until the chickpeas are coated.
- Transfer the chickpeas to your air fryer tray or basket. It’s ok if the chickpeas are a bit crowded or touching, you just want to make sure they’re in an even layer.
- Air fry for 15 minutes, giving the tray or basket a shake halfway through cooking.
- Serving Size: 1/6 batch
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 435mg
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: air fryer chickpeas, crunchy chickpeas, crunchy air fryer chickpeas, crispy air fryer chickpeas