I love a breakfast hash. Those crispy potatoes, perfectly roasted and spiced to go with your coffee and eggs in the morning.
I ate these potatoes for breakfast alongside some scrambled eggs. My kids dipped them in ketchup and ate them like a snack. They also make a tasty side and can be served with a hearty main dish.
I love making potatoes in the air fryer because they get perfectly crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks food by circulating hot air around the food similar to a convection oven. The air circulates faster than a convection oven resulting in fried, crispy food.
Are air fryers healthy?
Air fryers are great because you can achieve the same crispy, fried texture to your food without frying it in oil. You can reduce the amount of oil you use which makes for a healthier end result.
What kind of air fryer should I buy?
Omg, the possibilities are endless! I wish I could go into an in depth post about the pro’s and con’s of all the brands of air fryers out there. But, I don’t have the time or money to invest in that type of endeavor.
I’ve had two air fryers in my life. Both worked great, but the one I have now I love best. I have the Instant Vortex air fryer. It’s a great square shape that fits nicely in my pantry. It also has two trays you can slide in and out instead of a basket which I like better.
How do I avoid uneven cooking?
Don’t overpack! The main thing you need to remember is to not overpack your air fryer. You want to make sure you place the food in a single layer and not piled on top of each other. Uneven cooking tends to happen when food is piled on layers, so give your little food some space to breathe and cook evenly.
Toss halfway! To double make sure your food cooks evenly, make sure to toss the food halfway or give the basket or tray a little shake.
Ingredients for air fryer roasted potatoes:
- Potatoes! I love using petite gold potatoes because they are so smooth and buttery on the inside and the outside skin is so thin you don’t even have to peel it!
- Avocado oil: just a couple tablespoons
- Smoked Paprika: for some spice!
- Garlic Powder
How to make crispy potatoes in an air fryer:
Preheat. Turn the air fryer to 400F and preheat it.
Toss. Place the diced potatoes in a bowl with the avocado oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes.
Spread. Place the potatoes out on the air fryer tray or basket in a single layer.
Air Fry. For 15 minutes, tossing or shaking halfway through.
Serve. Plate the potatoes, sprinkle with chopped herbs and serve with ketchup!
What to serve these crispy potatoes with:
- Oven-Baked Eggs in a Muffin Tin
- Crispy Yogurt Chicken + Roasted Veggies
- Egg + Prosciutto Stuffed Avocado Boats
- Vegan Zucchini Chickpea Burgers
- Vegetarian Beet Burgers
- Caramelized Onion Spinach + Feta Turkey Burgers
- Animal Style Hamburgers
Crisp & Tender Air Fryer Potatoes in 20-Min!
Crispy air fryer potatoes are quick to make and a perfect side for any meal! Crisp outside and tender middle, potatoes never tasted so good!
- 2 cups diced petite gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- chopped sage for garnish
- ketchup for serving
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Add the potatoes, avocado oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss to coat the potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes to the tray or basket of the air fryer and spread them out in a single layer.
- Air fry for 15 minutes, tossing the potatoes or shaking the tray or basket halfway through the cooking.
- Transfer the potatoes to a plate, sprinkle with chopped sage and serve with ketchup (optional).
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Sodium: 582mg
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.6g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe