Crispy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Frozen French Fries. Rummage through your freezer and grab that bag of frozen french fries you bought a few months back.
Spray Oil. You can use olive oil spray of avocado oil spray, whatever you prefer!
Salt. If you like salty fries, sprinkle away! If you don’t want the salt, you can leave them bare!
Why you’re going to be making this recipe on repeat
It’s quicker than your oven and gives your fries a better crisp!
Hold the oil! You don’t have to add any extra oil to fry these fries.
How to make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Detailed measurements and instructions are at the bottom of the page with a printable recipe card 🙂
- Preheat & spray. Some air fryers need to be preheated (like mine) and some don’t. If yours need to be preheated, set it to 400F and let it come up to temp.
- Spray. Use your spray oil to spray the air fryer basket or tray.
- Cook & toss! Arrange the fries on the air fryer tray or basket to make sure they are evenly distributed and air can circulate around them. Cook the fries and then transfer to a bowl. Toss with salt and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks for the best air fryer frozen fries
Adjust cook time. If you like a softer fry, air fry them for the lower end of the cook time. If you like a crispier fry, do for the higher cook time.
Toss your fries. Give the air fryer tray or basket a little shake. This makes sure the fries are spread out evenly and not piled up in one area.
Check on your fries! This is always best practices when you’re about halfway through the air frying process. Not only can you eyeball it to adjust time if things are cooking faster than expected, but it gives you the chance to switch the trays or shake the basket to toss the fries to ensure they’re all cooking evenly.
Use a conservative amount of oil. No deep-frying here! You just ned a quick spray to the basket or tray and a quick spray to the fries. Some frozen fries already come with oil on them, so make sure you’re not doubling up on the oil. Too much oil can make for soggy, limp fries.
Switch up your type of fry! Try waffle fries, sweet potato, or small matchstick fries to switch it up. Just keep in mind the cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the fry.
Spice up your fries!
Some frozen fries come with seasoning already on them, which is great! But if you have some plain ones, here are some ways you can season them to make some next level air fryer french fries.
Garlic herb. Sprinkle the fries with some garlic powder before cooking. Once they’re done, you can toss or sprinkle with some chopped herbs like rosemary or thyme.
Smoked paprika or chipotle. Add some spice to your life by tossing your frozen fries with some paprika or chipotle for a nice kick. This is usually fun is you serve it with a creamy, mellow dip like ranch or a yogurt dill sauce.
Old Bay seasoning. There’s a place in Philly (Chickie’s & Pete’s) that serves crabfries aka crinkle-cut French fries sprinkled with a secret blend of crabby spices and served with a creamy sauce for dipping. Sprinkle your frozen fries with some Old Bay to achieve a similar crabby vibe.
More air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Jerk Air Fryer Salmon + Mango Salsa
- Air Fryer BBQ Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Ginger Soy Air Fryer Tofu
- Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes
- Ginger Soy Air Fryer Tofu
- Sweet Ginger Soy Air Fryer Chicken
- Crunchy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Sweet & Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries are so simple to make in your air fryer! All you need is 10 minutes to get deliciously crispy french fries.
- 20 oz. bag frozen french fries
- avocado oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat air fryer to 400F.
- Spray the air fryer basket or tray.
- Arrange the fries on the air fryer tray or basket to make sure they are evenly distributed and air can circulate around them.
- Cook the fries and then transfer to a bowl. Toss with salt and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/6th the batch
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 330mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: air fryer frozen french fries,