Jerk seasoned salmon is a quick and easy dinner that gets a flavorful, healthy meal onto your late in under 15 minutes! I’m quite the salmon enthusiast. It’s true.
I love a juicy, tender, perfectly cooked piece of salmon and I especially love it loaded with tons of flavor and toppings. It’s truly versatile and can be eaten on a bed of rice, cauli rice, quinoa, or even some salad greens!
Air fryer salmon…
This jerk salmon is the easiest, 15-minute dinner that is packed with flavor! I love the balance between the jerk style spices and the sweet mango salsa. Plus, the fresh cilantro gives this dish a really light flavor.
Ingredients for jerk air fryer salmon:
Salmon. It’s the base of this recipe! Grab yourself some filets and get to seasoning!
Avocado Oil. I use an avocado oil spray but you can definitely brush or drizzle the oil on if you prefer!
Spices. Jerk seasoning is all about the spices! We’re talking garlic, paprika, allspice, cinnamon, and pepper.
Coconut Sugar. I love the hint of sweetness in jerk seasoning and here we’re using coconut sugar to sweeten it up!
Salsa. I looove topping this jerk salmon with a mango salsa because the sweet balances out the spice.
Cilantro. The fresh herb adds some lightness to round out this dish.
How to cook salmon in the air fryer:
Combine the spices. In a bowl, combine the garlic powder, coconut sugar, salt, paprika, allspice, cinnamon and pepper.
Spray. You want to spray the air fryer tray (or basket) so the salmon doesn’t stick. Place the salmon on the trays and spray them again.
Season. Pat the salmon with the spices, rubbing it into the tops and sides of the salmon filets.
Air Fry. Pop the tray with salmon in the air fryer and fry for 8 – 10 minutes.
Garnish. Plate each filet and top with mango salsa and fresh cilantro leaves.
What to serve with this air fryer salmon recipe:
I always think cauliflower rice is a great option to serve alongside fish because it’s light, easy and comes together really quickly! Check out this post rounding up all my recipes for Cauliflower Rice!
Another option is to serve this air fryer salmon on a bed of salad! Because of the mango salsa and cilantro, I would probably go for a more mellow, less-loaded salad so the flavors of the jerk salmon can stand out.
How to make mango salsa:
Truth be told, I usually grab store-bought salsa! But, if you love homemade mango salsa, you have to try this recipe!
More salmon recipes to try:
- Salmon Tacos + Homemade Salsa
- Cilantro + Lime Grilled Salmon Burgers
- Cajun Salmon + Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- Sweet Pecan Salmon + Roasted Vegetables
- Sweet Pistachio Salmon
- Herbed Dijon Salmon + Green Beans
- Baked Firecracker Salmon
- 12 oz. salmon (2 6 oz. filets)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (spray)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- mango salsa
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat your air fryer to 350F.
- Combine the garlic powder, coconut sugar, salt, paprika, cinnamon, allspice, and pepper in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Spray the air fryer tray (or basket) with avocado oil and place the salmon filets on top. Spray the filets with oil too.
- Rub the spices into the tops and sides of the salmon filets.
- Fry for 10 minutes.
- Plate the salmon and top with mango salsa and cilantro leaves.
- Serving Size: 1 filet
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 657mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 33.2g
- Cholesterol: 75mg