Sweet Ginger Soy Air Fryer Chicken
GUYS! I tried my air fryer for the first time! It was a fail haha! You may have seen it all go down on Instagram stories but I attempted to convert an oil fried recipe into an air fried recipe and, well, it wasn’t the best.
But a bump in the road ain’t stopping this gal. I wanted to see if maybe I could try something completely different. What about fried chicken?
So I popped some chicken thighs into the air fryer and was completely blown away. Crispy skin. Moist and tender on the inside. Could it be? Could air frying honestly be better than the deep fryer? Could I have found the best, most delicious, easiest dinner preparation ever?
I think so. This may be the only way I’m cooking chicken from here on out and best yet… it’s insanely easy.
You season it. You pop it in the fryer and press go. 25 minutes later you have what may as well be the best damn chicken of your life.
I decided to be extra and make a sweet ginger soy glaze to drizzle on top and let me just tell you. Winner winner chicken dinner, y’all.
I’m new to air frying, but this chicken recipe has made me want to try frying ALL the things. I have this air fryer and really love it. It’s super simple to clean, the buttons are pretty self-explanatory, and well… it did an amazing job on these chicken thighs. You can grab yourself one on amazon!
So let’s get into this recipe because it’s so simple and so dang good. First, drizzle you chicken thighs with avocado oil.
Then, generously sprinkle both salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Flip the thighs over and do the same for the other side.
Place the chicken in the air fryer in a single layer with the skin-side up. Set the timer to 25 minutes and press start.
While the chicken is frying, whisk together the coconut sugar, agave nectar, soy sauce, avocado oil, garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds in a small bowl.
When the chicken is done, transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with the sauce and top with sesame seeds and fresh scallions.Print
Bust out that new air fryer you bought and make this Sweet Ginger Soy Air Fryer Chicken! It’s incredibly juicy, and tender with the most delicious glaze!
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 – 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
Sweet Ginger Soy Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1–2 cloves garlic)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Drizzle you chicken thighs with avocado oil.
- Generously sprinkle salt, pepper, and smoked paprika on the tops of the chicken and pat with your hands.
- Flip the thighs over and do the same for the other side.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket in a single layer with the skin-side up.
- Set the timer to 400F for 25 minutes and press start.
- While the chicken is frying, whisk together the soy sauce, coconut sugar, agave nectar, avocado oil, ginger, garlic, ground pepper, and sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- When the chicken is done, transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with the sauce and top with sesame seeds and fresh scallions.
Keywords: air fryer, air fryer recipe, air fryer recipes, air fryer oven, air fryer chicken, air fryer chicken thighs, air fryer chicken recipe, air fryer chicken recipe, soy ginger sauce, soy ginger chicken, soy ginger marinade, soy ginger glaze,