Caramelized Onion Bacon Gruyere Quiche
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You are going to LOVE this crustless caramelized onion and bacon quiche.
I love a good quiche. It may sound weird but it’s my go-to for special occasions. When people have a baby? Quiche them. When there’s some brunch I need to attend? Bring a quiche.
It’s one of those recipes that you can keep in your fridge and cut off slices to heat up as you want.
This quiche is LOADED with all my favorite flavors and is such a decadent breakfast or brunch everyone will love!
Ingredients for this low carb quiche:
- Refined coconut oil – butter, ghee or your favorite cooking oil also works!
- Sweet onions
- Whole grain mustard – this is the secret ingredient. I know it feels a little weird, but just trust me on this!
- Eggs – it is a quiche after all!
- Heavy cream – makes it sooo creamy and decadent, but you can sub in any milk here that you prefer.
- Gruyere cheese – looove me some Gruyere, but Swiss would be another good option!
- Bacon – I mean… enough said. But, if you want ot make this a vegetarian quiche, but all means, you can leave it out!
- Nutmeg – adds a surprising warmth and coziness to the quiche!
- Salt and pepper
How to make the most delicious crustless quiche:
Cook onions in coconut oil over medium heat for 20 minutes. Cover the pan and stir every five minutes. When the onions have five minutes left to cook, throw in the bacon.
In a large bowl, combine the mustard, eggs, cream, and Gruyere. Set aside a tablespoon or so of Gruyere to sprinkle on the top.
In a pie dish, place half of the onion and bacon mixture. Using a spoon, spread it evenly on the bottom of the dish.
Then, pour the egg mixture. Top with remaining bacon mixture, using a spoon or spatula to dip/press it into the egg. The dish will be much fuller than the picture illustrates.
Sprinkle top with remaining cheese, a couple pinches of nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Pop it in the oven.
More quiche and egg bake recipes:
- Grain Free Asparagus & Goat Cheese Quiche
- Oven-Baked Eggs in a Muffin Tin
- Easy Instant Pot Deviled Eggs
- Roasted Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Egg Bake
- Beet Pickled Avocado Deviled Eggs
This crustless Caramelized Onion Bacon Quiche is our family’s favorite brunch recipe! It’s a gluten free and keto quiche loaded with flavor!
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 1/2 large sweet onions
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 4 eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in 1/2″ pieces
- 2 pinches of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook onions in coconut oil over medium heat for 20 minutes. Cover the pan and stir every five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mustard, eggs, cream, and Gruyere. Set aside a tablespoon or so of Gruyere to sprinkle on the top.
- Lie the bacon in a pile, one on top of the other. With a serrated knife, cut them in 1/2″ pieces. Cook the bacon with the onions for the last five minutes.
- In a pie dish, place half of the onion and bacon mixture. Using a spoon, spread it evenly on the bottom of the dish. Then, pour the egg mixture. Top with remaining bacon mixture, pushing it a bit into the egg.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese, a couple pinches of nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 457mg
- Fat: 24.7g
- Saturated Fat: 14.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 13.9g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
Keywords: quiche, quiche recipe, bacon quiche, crustless quiche, low carb quiche, keto quiche, gluten free quiche, crustless quiche recipe, quiche with no crust, bacon and onion quiche, bacon quiche, bacon quiche recipes, bacon quiche keto
Let me know how much you love this in the comments below!! xo